Part 5: Rising Sun

"Blood first." My sister always used to say. Felicity picked this up from our mother. She always said "Nothing is thicker than blood."

When I was younger I never understood what she meant. "Isn't blood the silvery liquid inside of us?" My mother sweetly smiled back and patiently explained, "Yes, blood is inside of us. In fact it is inside of all of us. It is what unifies us. It is more than just family, it connects us to every Celestial that ever lived." "Wow!" "And as long as blood is pumping in our veins our duty remains." "What duty is that, mama?" "We are to protect every living thing."

It wasn't until I was older that I realized the honor of having silver blood. Together we are strong but alone we are weak. We need the our united strength.

Lots of races see unity as a weakness but it is our strength. Humans don't know true unity. They constantly fight their own kind. They kill and separate themselves in the name of power. I always used to look down on them, thinking that one is lesser then each other because of his talents, but it seems that our children have inherited their ways.

Divines have began to forget that we are one people. The marriages between Celestials and Humans should have unified our people but it only corrupted my own.

~Ingrid Lightbourn journal entry