Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Thirty-One

It was insanely loud.

That's what it was in Diner, insanely loud. Baeden had rented out the entire Diner for the night, kind of like a "private event".

Cleo and Hayden got the night off to come and hang out with us.

There was an arm wrestle fight between us all. So far, Hayden had beat James, Cleo, and Bella. But then, Emily bet Hayden getting him automatically out. Baeden bet Emily and Baeden were going up against everyone, including Maddie. She was really into this kind of stuff.

It was my turn going up against Baeden, even though I'm human and he's ten times stronger than me, I still wanted to participate in it. Everyone oo's when I challenged him.

"You ready for this, baby doll?" A smirk placed on his face as he sets his elbow down on the table firmly and I do the same. "I won't go easy on."

"Good," I nod. "'Cause neither will I."

The girls behind me let out a whoop, causing them to laugh. "On my count down, you go." James begin. "Three... Two... One..."

Quickly, I licked my hand- making sure spit was covered all over my hand. I quickly cupped his hand and he lets out an "ew", making a face too.

I don't hesitate to push his hand down onto the table and I let go, a wicked grin spreading across my face.

"Cheater!" Baeden hollers, sending me a playful glare.

"No! Intelligence beats strength any day!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air and the entire group cheers, before coming over to pick me up. I giggled as they lift me in the air.

They all put me down and I burst into a fit of giggles. "I can't believe you bet him," Hayden laughs and high fives me.

"I let her beat me." Baeden blurts out and I beamed at him.

"Sure you did, baby." I tease him, pinching his cheeks. He smacks my hand away from me.

"It feels so good to have fun." Maddie admits. "I haven't had this much fun in a long time, thank you guys."

"You don't need to thank us!" Bella tells her.

"Yeah, you're one of us now." Emily continues.

"And when you're one of us, we protect and look after you." Cleo finishes, the three girls giving each other smiles.

My heart swells. I loved this group with my whole life.

"Thanks..." Maddie smiled too, making the girls laugh.

"Oh! We need a girls day out." Bella suddenly blurts out. "You know, day spas and stuff."

"No thanks." Emily scoffed. "I have enough girl time with you."

Suddenly, Baeden has his arms wrapped around me, pulling me close to him. "You're no fun, Em." Cleo rolls her eyes.

"You know what sounds fun?" Hayden suddenly asks. "Going mini golfing."

"Mini golfing?" I looked at the time. "At 11pm?"

"Why not?" Hayden whines. "Y'all never go along with my ideas."

"There's a reason for that, sweetie." Cleo takes a smile at him.

"For starters, no one says y'all." Emily mumbled. "And second; mini golfing won't be opened."

"Baeden can get it opened, right?" Hayden looked over at Baeden with hope. "You know, pull the Alpha card."

Baeden raised an eyebrow. "The Aloha card?"

Hayden groaned. "You know, force them to open it for us! God! Do I need to spell everything for you?!"

"You're being dramatic." James crosses his arms.

"Am not." Hayden spat at him. "I just wanna go mini golfing!"

"I mean... Mini golfing does sound fun right now." I quietly add in.

Hayden beams at me. "Yes! See? Lizzy wants to go mini golfing. Baeden, please; for Lizzy?"

I looked up at Baeden, who sighed and gave me a quick look. "Do you really want to go mini golfing?"

I shrugged. "Sure."

"She's desperate!"

Baeden gave Hayden a quick glare. "Fine, I'll make some arrangements." He gives my lips a quick peck before walking off somewhere else in the Diner and pulling out his phone.

"Man, you got him wrapped around his pinky finger." Hayden laughs. "This is great!"

"This is a one time thing." I remind him.

He sighed. "I know."

"Are we really going mini golfing?" Maddie adored softly.

"99% sure." I answered her.

"I'll have to text my Mum." She mumbled before pulling out her phone and messaged her Mum.

I finished my drink by the time he comes back. He was by my side again. "Good news, we can go mini golfing."

"Yay!" Hayden cheered louder than all of us. I rolled my eyes.

"Let's go." Emily tells us and we left everything for the workers– which I felt bad for– and left the building.

We got to our cars, I climbed in the passenger seat, Baeden climbs into time drivers seat.

"Hayden." Baeden sighed as he turned on the car. "You love him... Then you hate him... And then you hate him some more..."

"Oh come on, mini golfing is fun." I laughed. "I love it. Not to brag, but I'm a pro."

"Oh, really?" Baeden pulls out of the Diner's parks we were in. "I'd like to challenge you on that one."

I smirked and looked out the window. "I'd like to see you try."

A/N

Hello everyone!

First of all, I wanted to say a big thank you for 50K reads! That's insane!

And also sorry for not posting anytime sooner, schools just started back up and I've finished my first week, but I'm here now and that's all it matters!

Anyways, thanks so much for all the love and support! See y'all next chapter! Mwah!

Comment, vote, share!