Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Six

We climbed up the stairs, Baeden never left my side. Maddie was in front of us, she was tearing up a little.

We entered the kitchen again, everyone was sitting down and I looked around. I smiled at them as they rushed towards me and gave me lots of hugs.

Lots of hugs.

They all started talking over top of me, making me smile as I was in the arms of Hayden, Bella, James, Emily, Cleo, and Baeden.

"I'm really sorry, Lizzy-"

"Oh my God! I'm so fucking glad you're okay-"

"Do you need to sit down?"

"Guys, I'm fine." I pulled back from all the hugs. "I love you all, too. This is Maddie." I took a step back so Maddie was in view. "She's been down in that hole a lot longer than me."

They all gave her pity looks. I noticed something different about Kayden when he looked at Maddie. His gaze softened, then quickly turned hard again.

"Hi." Maddie softly waved.

The group smiled at her. Baeden kept me close. He was looking around, ready to attack anything if someone comes near us.

Meredith was gone. She probably flew from the scene. I don't blame her. "Shall we go?" Baeden asked.

The group celebrated. I huffed and looked down at Kyle's body. I'm going to have nightmares for months. My eyes widen. My mother!

The others all begin to walk out, Kayden was instantly by Maddie's side. "Baeden, what about Mum? She'll be worried!"

"Don't worry, Kayden took care of that." Baeden told me before placing a kiss on my lips. I kissed back eagerly, he pulled me close to him.

I pulled back. "What's a Luna?"

He sighed. "Can I... tell you everything tomorrow? You'll get overwhelmed... I think."

I nodded, trusting him. "Promise?"

"What?" Baeden looked down at me and I held out a pinky.

"Promise?" I sing, smiling.

He connected our pinks together. "Promise." To seal the deal, I kissed his lips and pulled back.

"Guys, come on!" Bella groaned from the doorway. I looked over and saw that everyone was out on the street, there were three cars. "We need your keys, Baeden."

I walked away from Baeden who was quick to follow me. "What do you we do this place?"

Baeden shrugged. "Nothing. Let the humans take care of it."

I hit his chest. "I'm a human. Don't say it like that."

He chuckled. "Sorry, my love." My heart fluttered. He called me 'my love'.

It was dark outside. I stood still for a second, inhaling the fresh air. I bet Maddie's loving this. I felt someone hug me and I opened my eyes.

"Thank you." Maddie softly said. "I can't believe this is real..."

"It's real." I nodded and hugged her back. "I'm going to miss you."

"I have to tell you something." Maddie whispered, pulling back. The others were chatting amongst themselves but Baeden and Kayden. They were both watching us.

"What is it?"

"Kayden said I'm his." Maddie murmured. "What does that mean?"

I smiled. "Yours his for life." She nodded. "You know how I said that Baeden was my mate?" She nodded again. "Well, Kayden's yours."

Maddie's shoulders drop. "Oh. But I'm human."

"So am I." I smiled. "I wish you lived in Spring Town."

"When I return home... I don't know what I'll do." Maddie sighed, running a hand through her hair. "But I know for a fact I want proper food."

"Me too." I beamed and swung and arm around her, pulling her towards the group. "Baeden, can we go now?" I looked behind me, Chester's neon letters were flickering making me shudder. "It's me the creeps."

"Of course." Baeden agreed. "Right. Maddie, Lizzy, and Hayden you're with me. Cleo, Hayden, and Emily, you're with Hayden."

Everyone agreed. I sat in the front seat. Kayden and his Beta and third in command walked off to Kayden's car.

It was silent in the car, Baeden made sure I had the seatbelt on... twice. We were soon at a 24/7 diner... which was rather weird.

Standing outside the diner was my anxious mother and Mike when I exit the car. I reunited with my Mum, we embraced each other and she cried.

"Mum, mum! Don't cry, I'm safe. I'm okay," I cooed her as she rocked me back and forward, the others walked over to us carefully.

"I'm sorry!" She wailed. "I've failed as a mother. I've let my child suffer!"

"You haven't failed." I told her. "You're an excellent Mum. I love you so much."

"I love you, too." Mum sobs. "So, so much. Oh! Lets get some food into you, you look like you haven't eaten in weeks!"

I didn't want to tell her that it was actually true. I pulled away from Mum and beamed. My eyes land on Maddie. I walked towards her and dragged her from the group.

"Mum, this is Maddie. She was in the bedroom with me, but she's been in there a lot longer."

"Oh, darling." Mum's eyes soften and she emrbaced Maddie, who gladly hugs her back. "I'm so sorry that happened to you, Maddie. I'm Jen."

"Thank you." Maddie mumbled. They pulled away. "And... it's not your fault."

Mum smiled. Mike came in. "Get whatever you want! I'll pay for anything."

Maddie's face lit up. "Thank you, sir."

"This is Mike." I tell her. "My Mum's boyfriend. And Kayden's father.'

Maddie hid her surprised looked and she smiled. "Nice to meet you, Mike."

Mike hugged Maddie, who hugged back. It was short, not as long as my Mum's one. "And you, Maddie. Lets go everyone."

They pulled away and everyone entered the diner, we had a table for the 12 of us. There were a few people here.

We were sat down and menus placed in front of us. We ate, we talked and eventually we left. We walked to our own cars, I went with Mum and Mike.

"Maddie, you can stay at ours tonight and we'll call your parents tomorrow." Mum offered and Maddie smiled.

"Are you sure?" Mum nodded. "Thank you, um..."

"No need to mention it." Mum tells her.

I turned to Baeden. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Baeden hugged me, keeping me close to him. "You better." He joked and I giggled. He kissed my forehead. "Goodnight, Liz. Oh, and by the way, you look gorgeous with your hair out."

I blushed. "Night, Baeden." I whisper before pulling away from him, with my hands in my pocket, I walked back over to where Mum, Maddie, and Mike are.

A/N

Omg hi. It's been awhile, I know, I'm sorry. And it's short. I'm sorry for that as well.

Ummm thanks so much for almost 2K!

I might not update for awhile, cuz I need to come up with more ideas. :)

Like, comment, share!