Prologue

Prologue

"Honey, we're here." I opened my eyes and shifted a little, I was definitely uncomfortable. I sat up a little and looked in front of me. Our new house. It was a small cottage, it's what I was expecting though. We didn't need anything big for the two of us. "Welcome to Spring Town, Lizzy."

Unfortunately, I had missed the welcome to Spring Town. I was sleeping, something I hadn't had in a while. Mum smiled at me tiredly, she let a yawn slipped out of her mouth. It looked like it was growing dark, so we had made it before dark.

We had been driving for hours, trying to get away from our past. Dad. My heart clenched for him, I missed him, dearly. He had past away within a car crash. It happened all too fast, too fast for my liking.

I sent Mum a smile. "Finally," I tell her and she nodded, agreeing. At least we packed lightly, Mum had opened the door and exit, stretching. I exit as well, stretching my legs and looked around. It was a small driveway, there were a few other houses around, it seemed... quiet.

There were no welcoming neighbours, which honestly, I didn't mind. I wasn't planning to go see anyone else either. We grabbed our suitcases and pulled them along, Mum locking the car. We only packed a few things. It was our decision too, we'd buy the furniture here in this town.

If there even was a store. I haven't see anything... Because I was asleep. "We'll get everything later on this week," Mum informed me. "Right now let's just focus on getting used to this place, okay? I know it isn't as big as our old house, but it will have to do, okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I know." We enter the small cottage, it looked quite old. There were stairs as you entered and two doorways going off into different directions. "I'm going to check out my bedroom," she nodded and I dragged my suitcase up with me.

I entered into a small hallway and I noticed a door, I pushed it opened and there was a bedroom. There was a bed with a mattress, thankfully. "Honey! I just realised something! We have to get the bed sheets from the store and some pillows to sleep tonight!"

I stepped back into the mini hallway and I stand by the staircase. "Okay, are we going now?"

"No, I'll go by myself and you can go get us some food, I'll drop you off and dinner and give you some money, is that okay?" Mum offered.

Speaking of food, I'm actually quite hungry, so I wouldn't mind something to eat. "Sure," I agreed and left my suitcase in my room before I went downstairs and met Mum at the doorway.

"Ready?" Mum asks, raising an eyebrow. "Hopefully, you'll meet someone that goes to your school so you won't be completely alone."

I nodded. "Yeah..." I wasn't exactly the girl to have friends or make friends easily. I didn't say anything and we walked back towards the car, I sighed and hoped in once she unlocked the car.

We sat in silences and entered town, it was a very small place. You could see Diner 66, it didn't look very busy but it was opened.

"Okay, here's 25, get us a pizza or something," Mum tells me as she entered the parking lot, then she stopped the car and dropped me off. I nodded and exited the car, pressing my lips together at the coldness.

It was growing dark, which meant it was getting colder by the seconds. Stupid me forgot to bring a jacket. I wrap my arms around myself and stepped closer to the Diner, I entered it and the doorbell goes off.