Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Today as been hella weird. It's only lunch and I'm pretty sure I've been talked about. More than once and I hate it. With a passion.

I sit with Emily, Bella, and Baeden in the cafeteria. I was definitely getting stared at, which made me more than uncomfortable.

I kind of drowned the others out, playing with my food. "Has your mother never told you not to play with your food?" Baeden teased me and I shrugged.

"No," I answer truthfully, that's when Cleo and Hayden walked over to us, dumping their trays on the desk along with another guy, who I instantly recognised as the boy that came running into the Diner the other day.

"Lizzy!" Cleo smiled. "I see you've fitted in quite nicely,"

"I guess..." I shyly add.

"Oh, that's James." Hayden pointed to the brunette dude beside him.

"Hello," I say, smiling a little and James nodded back, starting to eat his food.

"Oh," Baeden nodded. "So... this human likes werewolves."

Why did he refer to me as a human? I mean I am a human, but it didn't need to address it like that, I frown but pushed it aside, it's probably nothing in all honesty.

Cleo, James, and Hayden smiled at me. "So do we. Our school is a big werewolf lover." Baeden sent Cleo glare, Cleo shrinks back a tiny bit.

"How strange," I comment.

"How so?" James asks, raising an eyebrow.

"I just think it's a little weird for the whole school to have something in common." I shrug.

"Our school is a little weird." Bella quickly rushed out.

"Hm," I nod, agreeing. Baeden chuckled.

The bell then rings and I sighed. Now I have Math with Bella. I'm sure she'll help me catch up with everything. After all, she is a Math lover.

"Oo! We have Math's now, Lizzy, come along!" Bella grinned and jumped up, before I could say anything she dragged me away from the others, they were chuckling. Great, two more periods to go, then I can go home.

No text from Mum saying she would be late really pissed me off. If she was going to be late then she should've at least texted me.

I wait patiently on the stairs and it was starting to grow dark. I chew on my lower lip, growing nervous.

My phone had died hours ago, so there was no way to get in contact with her now or go onto Google Maps to look up where my house is.

Fuck me.

I sigh and lean back on the step, getting annoyed.

"Do you need a ride?" I jumped at the familiar voice and looked up, there standing over me was Baeden, starring down at me.

"Mum's coming." I shrugged it off. "What are you doing here?"

"Had a meeting," Baeden tells me and sits down next to me, my heart racing once again. Why is it whenever he's close to me, my nerves and heart starts to speed up? Baeden leans closer to me, making me want to pull away but I don't. "Please let me give you a ride home."

"Okay," I breath, my eyes flickering down to his lips. I've only met this guy and I'm already thinking about what his lips would taste like. I chew on my lower lips and he mumbled a curse word before pulling away from me.

"Let's go," Baeden tells me, I nodded and he stands up, holding out his hand and I take it, feeling fireworks go off as corny as that sounds, but it was true. I followed him back to his car, and being the gentlemen he was, he opened it for me.

BAEDEN'S POV

She was so close to me. Just inches away I could get a taste of her lips. The wolf inside me wanted to, the human side of me wanted to as well, but I could sense that she was nervous.

I gulped, knowing who she was. My wolf inside me has been wanting to be near her the whole day, I knew it.

She was my mate and I want nothing more than just to be with her.

I sucked in a breath and pulled back, cursing under my breath. She looked confused and hurt almost, but I couldn't kiss her, not yet. I don't even know her.

But she's your mate, the wolf within me growled at me for pulling away so soon.

It's so rare to have a human become your mate. I'm an Alpha; which meant she was my Luna. She was the Luna to the pack.

"Let's go," I tell her and she nodded ever so slightly, I stand up and held out a hand to her, she takes it without hesitating and I pulled her up, my wolf within me purring.

What the hell am I going to do? She's my mate. She can't know about any of this. Not until I know she's ready.

A/N

I'm so sorry for the boring and short chapter. This was so bad oml. Also a Baeden's POV. Do you like Baeden? Let's get a ship name going for them!

Thanks for reading, make sure to vote, comment, and share!