Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

You know that one stupid white girl that always get lost then dies in the movies?

Well, I'm afraid that I'm that stupid white girl. Well, I don't know about dying, but now I know there's werewolves around, rogues could kill me at any moment.

Oh, great, I'm blonde, too.

So here I am, wandering aimlessly in an unknown town called Stanford. I groan. Why, Lizzy? You dense, stupid, girl! You could get lost!

I kept walking down the path, just a road and a footpath. Leading to me God knows where. But I must admit, having a break from the loud music and arguments is rather relaxing.

And the end of the unknown street, I noticed a... a coffee shop, lights on saying 'Chester'. I frowned. I turned around, looking behind me before quickly making my way to the opened cafe.

It begins to rain so now, I run and entered Chester. I sighed. Thankfully, I didn't get too wet.

It was pretty much empty, no one was in here but the lights were on. I turned around and looked at the 'it's open'.

The bell at the door had rung as soon as I entered. I ran a hand through my damp hair. Wow, this place gives me the creeps.

"H-hello?" I called out, my voice trembling a bit as I walked towards the counter.

Suddenly, a french woman pops up in front of the counter, making me gasp. "Hello!" She had a strong french accent. I can barely understand her.

I blink. "Hi..."

"We're technically closed right now," the french women rambled and he eyes land on the 'its open' sign. "Oh, I'm so sorry, I forgot to put the closed sign!"

"It's fine," I whisper, getting a weird vibe off this red-headed women.

"We hardly get customers nowadays..." The french women continued. She smiled at me. "I'm Meredith, what's your name, dear?"

"Elizabeth," I answer hesitantly.

"Elizabeth, such a wonderful name!" Meredith smiled dreamily. "I had a daughter named Elizabeth... oh, Elizabeth... beautiful, like yourself."

I stayed my distance. "Oh, thank you."

"Your welcome," Meredith chuckled. "What would you like, dear? Tea? Coffee? Hot chocolate?"

"N-nothing, thank you." I declined her offer. "I think I'll leave now."

She frowned. "But it's raining."

I'd rather take my chance with the rain. I turned around but gasped when a man stood there, grinning.

"Ain't she a beautiful one, Meredith?" The man chuckled. His arms were crossed. "A Luna, perhaps?"

I turned back around and there stood Meredith, closer to me. Okay, what the bloody hell has this turned into!?

"What's a Luna?" My voice trembled.

"An Alpha's mate." The man continued. "But you're a human... now, which Alpha would you belong to?"

I don't say anything. "Oh, don't scare the poor child, Kyle!"

"Shut up, Meredith." Kyle practically growled. "You know how many times a Luna crosses our path? A Human Luna?"

"Never," Meredith answered in a quiet voice. "But, Kyle. We don't want to upset the Alpha-"

"Upset?" Kyle laughed. "I want to do more than upset the Alpha. I want to kill the Alpha. Then the pack will be ours, Meredith, ours!"

"You're crazy!" I gasped, my hand over my mouth. "What the hell are you talking about?"