chapter 29 | Guilty

- Three days later -

071819.

2 pm.

I open my eyes after having a short nap, staying in my bed almost all day long since I asked my boss to give me some days off. I take hold of my phone without waiting and check if I received some texts from my baby.

None...? How...How can this be possible...?

I frown in front of my screen while my heart is pounding in an aching manner. This is odd of her to not send a single text, especially since she should be at a time of the day where she's still awake.

I instantly dial her number. I'm way too anxious about this to not do it right away, this is unusual, we've been texting each other every day without having more than just one hour of gap between each message.

She's not answering. What the fuck is happening?

I throw my blanket away from me but sit up, to grab my t-shirt and put it on in a rush in order to get out of my room. I check in the living room and kitchen if Namjoon is here but don't notice him anywhere so I make my way to his bedroom.

I knock on the door. "Nam?!" my voice echoes through the house that feels and seems empty. Mihyan is working at this hour so that is totally normal to not see him but Namjoon told me he would take a day off just last night. Since no answer comes from him, I open the door to take a look inside but as expected, no one's here.

I use my phone again and try to call him desperately, I'm on the verge of fainting because of this situation. I don't know what is happening but this feels like a nightmare, I can't reach y/n and Namjoon either, I'm freaking panicking.

I dial his number again and call him for the second time, walking around the house with a fast and hard heartbeat hitting me at every pulsation. This keeps on ringing in my ear but no one wants to answer me. I decide to leave a message on his voice mail.

"Nam! What the fuck are you doing?! I know something is happening with y/n, I feel it and none of you wants to answer me...!" my quivering voice escapes me with nervousness as I can feel how close I am to crying. "Please answer me Nam...I'm not alright...I'm gonna have a fucking panic attack if no one tells me what is happening..." I put an end to it but burst into tears.

Once this is about y/n, I can't control my emotions anymore but let myself get taken by many stressful things. I'm literally dying all alone in here, if my mind and body tell me that something is wrong, I know it means y/n isn't okay.

10 minutes later...

My sobs not ending, my phone hasn't rung or else. The door suddenly opens. I dart my teary eyes towards it and rise from my spot in no time as soon as Namjoon comes within sight. "What the fuck were you doing?!" I yell without willing to. "I called you many times and you never fucking answered me!"

"Jungkook..." an earnestness exuding from his face and voice ends me, my hands shaking and my heart skipping multiple beats. He gazes at me with a worrying look while I cannot say a word or even react. "I need to-"

"Y-Y/n..." my tears roll down my face even though I don't know what's wrong yet, I just know this is serious and I'm terrified. "Y/n isn't okay...uh? Something bad happened-"

"No Jungkook..." he shakes his head but walks up to me to calm me down. "Y/n is okay, I just need to talk to you so please, don't interrupt me...alright?"

I wipe my tears away but nod. He makes me sit down as if the words he's about to might make it hard for me to remain up on my feet. "Listen..." he clears his throat in front of me, his facial expression setting me in a lot of worries since I'm not used to seeing him acting so serious. "I talked to y/n about something important, she's extremely worried and scared about it and cannot tell anyone other than me about it yet...I know this is going to shock you and maybe-"

"Stop beating around the bush and tell me...!" I cut him off when he told me not to, not handling this suspense he keeps for no reason. He knows I can't stand it and how anxious I am, why is he doing this?