theatre kids - joshua

the two of you stumbled out of the black box laughing so hard you started to cry. joshua has been rehearsing his willy wonka all class period and everything he did made you laugh your ass off.

"come on darling, to english we go!" he exclaimed as you linked arms with him. "oh why thank you dear joshua!" and you fake bowed.

you and josh had been best friends since theatre one freshman year. josh and you were both ensemble for the musical production of annie.

"yanno, i didn't even read the poem we were supposed to annotate last night" you whispered to him, even though no one near you was paying attention. he chuckled, "neither did i. i forced jake to help me with my lines. i want to do gene wilder justice as wonka!".

"ooh! we should work on them together after school! i can drive us to the small diner off of north main?"

he nodded, "i would love that dear. besides, your violet needs some work..". you playfully hit him as you entered your english classroom.

by the end of the day you were exhausted and in need of a pop. josh met you by your old car, "oh how i love this little humble abode" he sung out. you snickered to yourself and unlocked the small honda civic.

you were quiet on the drive to the bavarian diner and josh took notice. "y/n? you okay?" he asked whilst resting his hand on top of yours. he started to rub his thumb in circles along your knuckles, making your heart burst.

"well and dandy joshua. just in need of a coke". and he left it at that. "mm, a good couple of salty french fries sounds good too" he added.

you pulled into the parking lot and josh jumped out, opening your door. "let us eat in the quaint restaurant!" he yelled. the waitress sat you both down and got your drinks.

it had been well over an hour and the both of you have yet to pull out your scripts. the two of you sat eating the french fries and talking about everything and nothing at the same time. "josh, we haven't even started practicing." he shused you quickly, "my dear, we have all night. how about we go practice at the park?" you nodded sipping on the coke. you noticed how his smile seemed to never fade. he has always been the sunshine in every room.

on the drive to the park joshua hooked up his phone and decided to play bob dylan. his hair was blowing from the wind through the rolled down windows. you had to remind yourself that you were just friends and nothing more. seeing him so free and open made you want to be with him forever.

once parked near the small pond of the park joshua turned down the music and pulled both of your scripts out. you adjusted in your seat to sit directly facing him giving you better access to look at him while he talked. apparently during some point your lines had come up, you were of course to busy watching the way his lips moved.

"y/n?" he asked snapping you out of your daze. "oh jeez, uhm sorry i was watching those birds". he nodded and slightly chuckled. "really y/n? you expect me to believe that? what is on your mind. you have been acting different since the diner".

well here goes nothing.

"joshua, i like you." you quickly blurt out staring down at your hands. you dared not to look up at him, but was forced to when you felt his hand on your chin. he moved in slowly which left you speechless, and the second his lips touched yours you melted. you reluctantly pulled back and rested your forehead against his.

out of breath you whispered, "i don't think willy wonka ever kissed violet..". joshua laughed and just resumed kissing you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n - well my senior year is officially over. i was never one to really have school spirit but the amount i cried realizing i was never gonna step in the building as a student again really got to me. this has been in my drafts for awhile so here ya go. its shit lol.