burning - jacob

it was a typical freezing night in michigan. you were sitting on the stairs that meet the grass to the backyard. you held a cigarette between your index and middle finger, just letting it burn down at this point.

you could here the loud music through the walls while you finally took a drag. you heard the sliding door open and footsteps approach.

"got another?" jake asked. you scoffed as you grabbed the pack of marlboro's out of your jacket pocket, handing the whole thing to him. "thanks" he muttered under his breath, letting the cold condensate his breath.

"weren't you with, what's her name? beth?" you asked as he passed back the pack. you looked up at him and saw him staring at the forest beyond the fenced in area, holding the cancer stick between his lips.

"you mean me asking her if she wanted a beer? yeah i was." he huffed. "sure looked like a lot more" you ridiculed.

"goddamn y/n, what is your problem tonight? it's not like we're together anymore!" he yelled dropping his cigarette on the floor in the process. you stood up and threw your hands on top of your head, looking at him with wide eyes.

"you're right, it's not like we didn't just break up and you're already moving on! it's been 3 fucking days jake! did i not mean anything to you?" you yelled back twice as loud.

you didn't realize jake would be here when you arrived, but you should have known since he does go to every party, even if just for a few minutes.

"you meant everything to me, y/n" he said softly. his hands nervously tucked inside his jacket, a habit he has had since before he met you.

"why didn't you act like it when we were together?" you asked, not sure if you wanted to know the answer. "i - i honestly don't know. maybe because all we did was fight, and i'm not sure that's love." he responded.

you nodded, beginning to walk in to the crowded house. "i hope you find what love is, jacob." you said, before leaving the party entirely.

~~~~

a/n - i want some fluff of the boys but am i capable of writing it? no. i only know pain hahahahah