under lock and key - joshua

you and josh had been dating for 6 months now and all though you two were madly in love, there were some pretty ruthless fights. both of you are stubborn as hell so the fights last 2-3 days but always end in make up sex (the best kind of sex if you ask joshua).

this fight had been about him flirting with another girl at the bar a night before. it's not unusual for josh to flirt, in-fact that is just the type of man he is. he does it unintentionally but it still bothers you. the fight had consisted of you crying and him telling you over and over again it meant nothing.

josh had left your apartment with his car keys in hand while you stormed off to your room to sulk in your bed.

a couple hours later you got a call from an unknown number, hesitantly you picked up.

"hey y/n!!" a drunk joshua slurred on the other side of the phone. "joshua? who's phone is this?" you asked as you suspected to be some girl he probably hooked up with to spite you.

"well it says michigan police on the wall so i'm assuming them" as he laughed loudly. you sat there stunned waiting for him to say this was a joke and he needed to be picked up from the bar.

it was silent.

"you there y/n?" he questioned quietly like he was about to tell you a secret. "yes joshua what do you need?" you replied agitatedly. "hm babe i need you to come pick me up from the station." he said like it was no big deal.

"you better have one damn of an excuse when i get there." with that you grabbed your keys and purse and off you went to get your drunken ass boyfriend from detainment.

about thirty minutes later you were at the front desk asking to let out joshua kiszka. the officer at the front chuckled "huh he is some boy that one.".

"tell me about it" you said as you rolled your eyes.

out josh walked looking like a hot ass mess. his curls were disheveled and his eyes were bloodshot, assuming from the alcohol which most likely landed him here in the first place.

"mama!" he said loudly as he ran towards you with open arms. you embraced him and could smell the grapefruit and vodka mixture radiating off of him. that boy and his salty dogs. "let's get you home big guy" you laughed.

you set him in the passenger seat of your car first then went around to your side. he picked a radio station and was singing softly along to the song when you got in.

"you know. i never mean it with those girls i flirt with. i don't even realize i'm doing it till you point it out" he said interrupting his singing . you shot him a look and could see that he was somewhat sobering up.

"i promise i will try to not flirt with them. but i can't help it if it's just the way i talk" he said his voice breaking as he was beginning to cry.

"josh baby, i love you and i know it is just the way you are. i know i shouldn't be getting jealous but any girl, or person, would jump at the chance to be with you. i mean hell, i did!" you said as you tried to calm him down before a drunk boy started sobbing in your car.

"the difference is, i only want you." he stated looking at you through those glassy eyes.

the make up sex that night might had been the best you two ever had.

~~~~
a/n - i really love the cover photo. anyways i am opened for requests. not to get too emo but i feel like my writing sucks lmao