honeybees and fantasies - joshua

a/n - baby boy is sick and he deserves a break :( i love him and hope he gets well soon (this is also short my b)

you walked into the kiszka household, where no one was found. josh had texted you to come over and hangout, maybe do some chemistry homework. you called out for josh, no answer.

the sliding back door was open and you walked toward it. josh was reading dracula in a hammock tied between two trees. he was swinging slightly due to the small almost autumn wind.

"hey nerd!" you called out to him. he jumped a little in his spot, causing the hammock to swing more. "jesus y/n, you scared me!" you chuckled to yourself, "are you reading dracula again?".

he looked down at the book cover like he didn't know what he was reading. "i suppose i am. it's a literature classic!" he called out, "are you gonna join me or what?".

you walked out to the hammock, slipping off your shoes so the bottoms of your feet felt the cool blades of grass. josh had a small knitted blanket around his lap and a bottle of water on the floor.

you crawled on to the hammock and snuggled into josh. "i didn't bring a book" you remarked, "i thought we would work on chem.." he smiled down at you. "i can read to you, darling?" he asked. you nodded and laid your head on his chest. he kissed your forehead and resumed his book, this time reading it out loud so you can enjoy it as well.

josh put on a whole show, he made everyone have different voices and his hands moved with every sentence. he seemed the same as he does when singing in the garage, a natural born performer you thought to yourself.

you were dozing off when jake opened the glass door yelling out to you and joshua, "hey love birds! mom brought back pizza".

josh nodded and looked at you "wanna get some mama?" he asked softly, smoothing out your hair. "mm, not yet. i wanna listen to you read some more." you whispered back. josh chuckled and continued his story.

the rest of the late afternoon was spent with you two swinging in the hammock, josh putting on a show for you even though you barely paying attention. the brisk air, sun seeking through the trees, and josh's hand rubbing up and down your arm made you never want to leave the peaceful hammock.

this is where you wanted to be forever, with josh by your side.