arrogance is bliss - sammy

sam and you had plans to eat dinner with your entire family tonight, so while you went out to run some errands you asked sam to finish up the laundry.

you got home and found sam on the couch, bass in hand. he was pretty focused and had a notebook in front of him with all kinds of tabs. "hey hottie" you winked to him. he gave you a cheeky grin, "hey mama".

"so is the laundry done? my outfit was in there for tonight." you said. he nodded and pointed towards the laundry room, which was really just a little walk in closet with a washer/dry. outside the doors was a basket of wrinkled clothes.

"sam." you said sternly. "hm" he replied. "are these the clean clothes?" you asked as you walked towards him with the basket in hand.

"yeah, all dry and stuff" he said like he didn't just throw your clothes into a pile leaving them to wrinkle.

"sam! these clothes look like they have been in a pile on the floor for a week!" you yelled. he just shrugged in your direction. "i did what you told me to do, i did the laundry" he said, a smart ass remark.

"laundry means also folding and hanging up you ass!" you huffed as you walked to the shared bedroom and pulled out the ironing board and iron.

you were pissed that now you had to iron your clothes for tonight, and sam just stayed on the couch plucking away at his beloved bass.

after finishing your clothes and getting ready, you were ready to leave. during the car ride you two didn't speak, you were still clearly upset and sam didn't have anything to say.

he parked the car outside of your parents house as he finally broke the silence, "so you're still mad?". you looked at him and rolled your eyes getting out of the car.

"we might as well be civil about this y/n!" he yelled from the driver side.

once you both greeted everyone, including your brother, his wife, and two daughters, you and sam separated. you couldn't be around him without wanting to yank his hair out. it was a petty thing to be mad about, but he does shit like this all the time. especially pulling out a clean shirt, deciding not to wear it, then throwing it back on the ground without hanging it back up.

you were playing with your nieces as you caught sam watching you from the dining table. you went back to playing before you heard the sliding glass door shut. you excused yourself from the tea party and went out to the back where you saw sam sitting on the steps lighting a cigarette.

"you know, that's a really bad habit." you said as he took a drag. "oh i'm aware" he said as he stared out into the backyard.

you stole the cancer stick from his fingers and took a long drag yourself.

"so? what'd ya come out here for?" he asked, now trying to grab the cigarette back.

"well i dunno, just wanted to apologize to my boyfriend or something i guess" you said laughing a little, moving your arm further from him so he couldn't quite reach the cigarette.

he grabbed your waist as he grabbed what was rightfully his, back. he nodded to you expecting you to say something.

you huffed in response and finally said "i'm sorry i called you an ass. BUT you also have to actually finish the laundry!". he chuckled lightly and nodded. "i know. i just think you're cute when you're mad at me" he said with a smirk.

"you're even cuter when you are playing with your niece" he said tilting his head back into the house.

you hummed in response and took the back of his neck into your hand, pressing your lips together. his mouth tasted like smoke and beer, a flavor you never got tired of.

"let's go back inside mama" he said as he put out the cigarette. he took your hand and led you inside to where your entire family was in the living room watching your nieces dance.

~~~~~~
a/n - once again our queen samsfilthyfeet  has requested another :) thanks bb. also this isn't super angst but idk.. hope u enjoyed :))