surprise - jake

jake and the rest of the boys have been on tour for almost 2 months now, touring all across the u.s and canada. you didn't miss jake an unbearable amount most times, but this was different. all you wanted to do was be with him, to smell him, to hold him close and never let go.

you and jake tried to call or facetime each other everyday before or after a show. it was easier to speak to him on his days off, and those days were extra special because you were able to speak to each of the boys. joshua had talked about flying you out to where the boys were playing at the moment, which was california, but you knew that wasn't plausible as you had work all week.

josh was serious and once you ended the facetime call with the boys he texted you right away.

joshy!

y/n, you know i'm not kidding. i know you saved up vacation days and i will fly you out here myself. jake really misses you more than you think. 

before you responded you thought about seeing jake and surprising him. you decided to let josh fly you out, and told him to keep it a secret from jacob. 

you got to LAX airport the next evening where josh had sent an uber to pick you up and take you back to the venue the boys were playing at. 

you got there half way through the set and could see jake playing like his life depended on it. you almost cried at the sight of just seeing him. his back swaying and hair sticking to his sweaty face. 

sam saw you on the side of the wings and smiled brightly. you smiled back and gave a thumbs up which he nodded towards. 

the set was soon over and josh had led the band off the other wing of the stage as not to bump into you, that boy had this all planned out. 

josh quickly ran back around the stage to you as the crowd began screaming "one more song!". he embraced you in a warm hug and whispered "are you ready?". you quickly smiled back, "i can't  believe i'm really doing this!".

you saw jake beginning to walk back onto the stage so you followed. he didn't notice immediately, but the crowd did. it was the loudest you ever heard at one of their concerts, and jake looked up right away. he saw you and almost broke down in tears, same as you. you both embraced in the middle of the stage as he picked you up and spun.

"i missed you so fucking much y/n" he whispered right in your ear making sure you would hear him. he set you back down as he cupped your face in his hands just staring into your eyes making sure you were really there. he pulled you into a deep kiss which you smiled into. you knew the crowd must have been going crazy but the only thing you cared about was being there with the love of your life. 

"alright alright love birds break it up, we got two more songs for these lovely folks tonight!" josh said into the microphone and pointed towards the crowd causing you to break the kiss with jake. your face had a few tears which jake quickly wiped away with his thumb. you gave him another quick peck as you began to walk off the stage waving to the crowd.

the boys finished the night with highway tune and safari. you were waiting in the green room while they unhook all their mics and gear.

jacob ran in and plopped next to you on the couch. his sweaty torso squeezed you close causing you to giggled. "how'd ya get out here?" he asked softly as he ran his hands through your hair. "your brother may have helped" you said. "it was all my idea, best twin goes to me" josh laughed as he pointed towards himself.

you and the boys had a couple beers together in the green room before jake pulled you up and took you to his own dressing room. "hm, if you wanted me alone you could've just asked" you teased him. you noticed his cheeks turned a little pink as he turned to hug you for the millionth time. 

"i just- i missed you. i knew this tour was long but god damn it feels twice as long not having you by my side." he said as his hot breath grazed right over your face. "i know babe. only a couple more weeks." as you smiled up at him.

he kissed the top of your head as he flopped you both onto the couch. you broke into a fit of laughter as you laid your head on his chest. the thought of leaving him enters your head but quickly left as you could feel jake intertwine your hand with his and kisses your knuckles softly while whispering "i love you".

~~~~~

a/n  i dont know how i feel about this one but my friend gave me the idea so here we are lol