songbird - josh

A/N - this one is about ab*rtion.. it's not super explicit and doesn't even say the word, but is implied. also if you do read this listen to songbird by fleetwood mac:) i am lowkey proud of this one too ngl

you walked out of the building with josh in hand. you felt emotionless. josh squeezed your hand before he opened the passenger door for you.

the drive home was silent besides an old radio station playing. josh hummed softly while looking over to you every few minutes, making sure you were alright.

when you two arrived to your apartment, josh unlocked the front door and led you to your room. you didn't change since you were already in sweats and a baggy t-shirt, so you crawled right into bed and under the covers.

josh turned on your turntable and placed the needle on rumors, by fleetwood mac. he kicked off his shoes and crawled next to you, cradling you in his arms. you relished his scent of patchouli as he rubbed your back.

you finally started crying. it wasn't out of sadness or guilt, it was just the overwhelming sense of it all. josh stroked your hair as you cried into him.

"we did the right thing, doll" he whispered while pressing a kiss to your forehead. you nodded while still silently crying.

you and josh had only been together for 5 months, and had just recently started saying i love you to each other. his band was about to be on a north america tour that would last at least 2 months. you knew it wouldn't have worked.

josh agreed to do whatever you wanted, and was with you every step of the way. you didn't tell anyone other than him and your best friend.

christine mcvie's voice rang out from the record player.

"for you, there'll be no more crying.
for you, the sun will be shining"

you chuckled softly when you heard those lyrics. joshua looked down at you, a confused look plastered on his face. you shook your head, "it's just, here i am crying, and the sun is in fact, not shining" you laughed while pointing towards the window, where gray clouds were forming. "it's just ironic.".

"fleetwood is never wrong, my dear. give it time" he said before kissing your lips. you hummed in response to the kiss, wiping your tear ridden face.

"i'm glad i have you" you said softly, sitting up and looking at him, really looking at him. he looked incredible. his tanned skin glowing, his brown eyes that looked like melted chocolate, and his curly hair that sits perfectly atop of his head.

he sat up on his elbows, "me too" he smiled.

"and the songbirds are singing,
like they know the score."

you laid back down, staring at the ceiling before feeling warm hands snake around your waist. you put your hand on top of josh's while rubbing your thumb across his knuckles.

"i don't think i say this enough, but i do love you. and thank you for being there today. and everyday" you said, still staring at the ceiling trying not to cry anymore.

"and i love you" josh said, while simultaneously the song did as well.

"and i wish you all the love in the world"

- songbird, fleetwood mac