things happen - joshua

you and josh got married pretty young, at 21, but you both knew the love for each other was real. the wedding was simple, yet everything you two wanted. it was outdoors in tennessee and only close family members and friends were invited.

you joined the band on most tours but couldn't make it with them on their most recent one in europe. it was about a 2 month long tour and you couldn't wait to see josh back home again.

you had made a special dinner for the two of you and set the table. while you were filling wine glasses in the kitchen you heard the familiar jingle of keys in the door lock. you smiled to yourself when josh finally opened the door.

"hey babe" he called out, you walked out of the kitchen and hugged him with the bottle of wine still in your hand.

he kissed you softly and slowly before you pulled back. "i missed you so god damn much." you whispered as you stared into his dark eyes. he hummed in response as he looked towards the dining room table to see the food you have displayed.

"you hungry?" you ask him and he nods leaving his suitcase and backpack at the front door.

"so mama, what have you been doing without me?" he asked with a mouthful of food. you chuckled at the goofball sitting in front of you, "oh nothing much. i worked a shit ton but what's new." you said moving some food around on your plate. "what about you?" you returned to ask him.

"oh uh. tour has been great, was ready to get home." he replied. his voice cracked a bit in the beginning and he didn't dare look into your eyes. immediately you knew something was off.

"that's it?" you questioned raising your left eyebrow. "no fun stories about sam failing to hook up with some girl? or jake getting too drunk on whiskey?".

"not that i can remember." he said now looking up to you. his eyes seemed sad and guilty. you had only seen this face once before and that was whenever he couldn't admit to you how much he loved you.

that's when you were still in high school and had only been friends. one night you two were at a diner and he was doing good the exact same thing he was doing now. you finally got him to talk and that's when he said he loved you more than a best friend.

reality shook you out of your day dream. he was still looking down at his plate when you finally spoke again.

"what's going on?" you questioned.

he looked up at you, tears in his eyes. "i think we need a break." he spoke out to the air.

you were shocked. you sat there staring at him with your mouth agape. he stared right back at you with no emotion. just blank face.

"uh. i'm sorry, what?" you asked loudly scooting back from the table. he followed you to the living room where you started to pace back and forth. he sat down on the couch, his hands combing out his curls.

"so what happened? was it you, me?" you yelled to him, tears running down your face as you dramatically threw your hands in the air.

"i j-just. tour is gonna continue and you will still have to stay back here and work. it just doesn't make sense." he responded, his voice starting to crack.

you laugh dryly. "so now marriage is a joke? and just because we can't be together 24/7 you want to end it?!" getting even louder some how. he just looked up at you, saying  nothing.

you walked towards the shared bedroom, grabbed a bag, and just started to pack anything you could. the tears kept coming and you quietly cursed to yourself.

joshua walked in, "i didn't mean for this to happen." he spoke.

"for what to happen joshua? getting married? the band? or for it to end this way,with you deciding to give up on us?" you spoke only in questions trying to get answers out of him. when you looked towards him you noticed how red his eyes were and a few tear streaks ran down his face.

"all of it." josh said in almost a whisper.

"mhm i'm sure of it." you said sternly as you slung the bag over your shoulder. "send me the divorce papers when you're ready." you said to his when you walked past him.

he followed you to the door and watched you open it. "i hope this was worth it." you said to him filled with rage and sadness. "i love you" he said to you, still crying almost as much as you were.

"yeah, i thought you did too." you replied as you slammed the door shut and out the house you were.

every time josh tried to call you, you ignored them. every text, email, direct message. ignored. eventually he gave up and divorce papers were sent to your parents house. since then you still haven't spoken to joshua or anyone from the band for that matter.

~~~~~~~
a/n - hehe thanks for the request @samsfilthyfeet !! i actually ironically finished this at a wedding lol. also a bit on the longer side haha:) hope you
liked it!!