Chapter 36

Heading out first, Opie and Happy raced up to the firehouse while Juice did as Clay ordered. He was going to meet them once he gathered the information clay needed. With his skills, it didn't take long.

Opie parked away from the cameras, leaving his helmet on his bike, and moved around the side of the building. Pounding his fist in the steel door he waited for someone to up.

"Opie," a firefighter said with surprise as he glanced out. "I'll get Moore."

Seconds later the younger man was repacked by one slightly older than Opie. "What's up?"

"Sorry about Beach, he was a good guy. I'm just up here looking for Macy."

There was no greeting nor polite formalities between Opie and Lieutenant Moore. They knew each other because of Macy but that was it, unlike with Beach, there was no friendship.

"She's not here," he said, suddenly concerned. "Wasn't on today."

"She said she was," Opie rolled his jaw. "Shit."

"What?" Moore asked eagerly.

Opie shook his head. "Nothing."

"Opie," Moore stepped out of the doorway, standing up to Opie. "You can't find her? Is she missing?"

"She's not missing," Opie snapped defensively. "This is the first place I looked, I'll find her," he added with a huff.

"You call her?" Moore asked, getting an answer by Opie's suddenly darker expression. "Phone off or did it go to voicemail?"

"I can handle this," Opie grumbled. "Focus on Beach."

Moore shook his head. "Her partner, her best friend, was just killed in his own goddamn home. You don't think this might be something to do with her or work?" He asked angrily. "These are my people, it's my job and my moral duty to protect them."

"She doesn't need anyone else to protect her," Opie growled as Happy and Juice came around to join him. "We got it."

"Gonna guess she's not here," Juice said quietly to Happy.

"Ya think?" Happy said sharply. "Idiot."

"What?"

"If you don't know where she is, I hope you know where Shane is," Moore said quickly.

"Daycare," Opie lied. "He's fine."

"I don't believe you," the Lieutenant said. "Wonder why that is," he mused.

"Because you're an asshole," Happy grumbled.

"You should go," Moore said forcefully. "Wouldn't want the press to see you. That would only raise more questions about Macy and the baby, the press starts pushing, I'm forced to do something about it."

Knowing exactly what Moore was suggesting, Opie grumbled something under his breath before the backlot.

"Why are they gonna ask about Macy if they see us?" Juice asked, hurrying to keep pace with Happy and Opie.

Opie shook his head, watching the firehouse back from where they had parked. "They're not," he grumbled. "That was his way of threatening to leak some shit. They hear Beach's partner, missing hero cop Shane Walsh's wife, is MIA and we won't be able to do shit if this is as bad as it feels. They'll be all over us."

"He that big of an asshole?" Juice was genuinely surprised after hearing plenty of good things about Moore from Macy.

"They all are," Happy muttered. "Cops, firefighters, paramedics," he scoffed.