Chapter 13

Opie and Macy stayed in bed the majority of the next day. Around noon when they actually woke up, they both showered, changed the sheets and had a sizable lunch before climbing right back under the covers.

"When do you have to be back at the clubhouse?" Macy asked, stifling a big yawn.

"Six I think," he grumbled, reaching for his phone. "Yeah," Opie said after checking the text, "Six."

"What's the plan?" Macy asked, laying on bed back beside him.

"You really wanna know?"

"Yep," she said staunchly.

Opie sighed. "They have a stash house we're gonna hit. Grab whatever we see then I'm gonna blow it."

"No one brings the boom like Opie Winston," she giggled. "Please be careful."

"I will, it'll be easy," he said nonchalantly. "I don't have to tell you stuff, Mace."

"No, it's okay," she dismissed his concerned offer. "Fuck the Mayans."

"We're gonna," he said, grabbing her hand. "How's the leg?"

"It burns like a mother," she complained. "It's kind of cool though, like I hit an MC milestone."

Opie looked at her and shook his head. "A milestone?"

"Let me have my badass moment," she laughed.

"You were crying for your dad and a hospital, that's not very badass."

"And the moment is ruined," she huffed. "Hey," she rolled onto her side and looked at him. "Can I ask you a question?"

His brows furrowed as he rolled over too. "Yeah. What's up?"

"Am I your old lady?" There was no hesitation before asking but after the words were out he could see her uncertainty. "I'm not being presumptuous," Macy quickly added, "It's just this feels like it's going there and I'd like that, it's something I want...if you do."

"I know what you want," he said quietly. "Trust me, I do."

Macy waited, thinking he was going to continue but he was silent. "Uh okay. So, no?"

"I don't think you get how messy this is," he said.

"My dad? The club?" She asked forcefully. "That's messy?"

"Yeah, my head is too," he admitted.

"Oh," she said sadly.

"I know it's what you want," Opie sighed, "I'm working on it, I'm just not there yet."

Macy pursed her lips and nodded. "Okay."

"I'm sorry," he huffed. "Last night makes it worse, I don't want that shit happening to you."

"Don't," she sighed. "You all treat me like I'm some kind child. I'm 22, not 12, I can make decisions myself. If I'm a target it's because of my dad, not you, and last night I wasn't even the target."

"I know," he groaned.

"Do you like me?"

"I do," he nodded.

"Do you like this? Us together?"

"Yeah, I love it, this whole set up, or whatever that we have," he grumbled. He wanted to say he loved her but he chickened out which was usually what Opie did when it came to his feelings for Macy.

"I guess that's what matters," she told herself. "We don't need titles or whatever."

"Yeah," he cleared his throat. "We don't need that shit."