|

Esme fit in well with the family, she was kind and warm and everything one could desire in a mother

Esme fit in well with the family, she was kind and warm and everything one could desire in a mother. Edward's frozen heart shattered at the discovery of Esme's human life, all she ever wanted was a child to love, nurture, raise and admire. But that dream was robbed through a dreadful death of her child leading to terrible thoughts and eventually an attempted suicide that lost her a lot of blood and almost her life, until Carlisle. Carlisle had grown fond of the woman during her constant check ups at the hospital during the previous pregnancy, when he heard of the news he instantly knew he had to change her. So happy he is now he has his mate, his mate who gets to fulfil her dream of being a mother to Alice, Anderson and Edward as-well as Guinevere when the time is right.

Carlisle was nervous to introduce the woman to his family, but relieved at the warm welcome she was met with. Although the house was still filled with sadness from Alice, she had found a distraction. The pixie made it her goal to find Anderson a mate, making her friend happy to distract herself from her personal absence from the unfamiliar feeling she used to be at one with. Edward rolled his eyes at her thoughts, thinking it naive to believe she could snap her fingers and find Andersons mate- after all Carlisle had been searching for centuries while his mates great great great grandparents were yet to be born, let alone Esme herself.

'Alice, love is a natural process- you cannot rush it' Edward grunted, glaring at his sister for the constant thoughts of romance clouding his mind from her own. Alice scoffed at his words, raising her eyebrows as if to say 'really?'.

'Natural' she giggled, 'The vampire that can read minds is trying to tell me what is natural? Please dear brother I can only assume you have yet to look in the mirror'. Alice shook her head in disbelief while Anderson took the opportunity to make a vampire joke.

'Alice, there's no use looking in a mirror' he snickered, slapping his leg though the confused look from Alice told him that the girl did not understand his statement. 'Because- vampires don't have reflections? Well... not in Dracula anyway' he frowned, realising his humour wasn't appreciated in the cullen home as much as it was by the crazies in the asylum. 'Jheeze even Alexander would have laughed' Anderson put his hands up in a defensive stance, shaking them like jazz hands as he danced away from the awkward tension, leaving the home to hunt.

'Anderson will find his mate when the time is right, he doesn't need your meddling to interfere with his love life', Alice huffed, needing to find something else to distract her from the sadness she was suffering.

Authors note
I may have messed up the timeline, in the series Rosalie joins the cullens in 1933, Alice and Jasper join in the 1950s but of-course in my book Alice and Jasper join the Cullens separately. Technically Rosalie should already be with the Cullens but I really like Rosalie's character and wanted to include her arrival in my book and therefore the timeline had to be altered! So, incase anybody is wondering why it is the way it is, thats why!
Sorry for the short chapters, i'm leading up to Jasper and Rosalies arrival which will lead to Anderson and his mate meeting (hint hint Jasper hint hint). Guinevere wont be back any time soon! i want the time she spends away to be quite long, i wanted her character to completely change over time in order to show the impact the immortal life has had on her :)