-

Alice had spent the last few days in a hole of guilt, she felt like a murderer

Alice had spent the last few days in a hole of guilt, she felt like a murderer. No blood was on her hands yet no matter how many times she scrubbed them, they were forever filthy of regret and selfishness. No matter how many reassuring words her family told her, she couldn't forgive herself for putting her love in this situation. Alice wasn't an option so Carlisle decided to talk to Anderson instead to find out more about the mysterious girl he was yet to have the privilege of meeting.

'I let her go, I should have told her to go and talk to Alice first! Now I've ruined things' Anderson shook his head, flicking through the Doctors hundreds of medical files in a weak attempt to distract his mind from getting angry. Carlisle shook his head in disapproval at the boys mutters, but instead of interrupting he decided to stay quiet and let him rant. 'She seemed hesitant, I knew she wasn't ready to go through with it but I guess I prioritised my freedom over hers' He shrugged, shaking his head. 'Sure! I was in a mental asylum and wanted out, but I wanted out because I was crazy! I belonged in there, but Guinevere, no Guinevere shouldn't have been in there. Carlisle, she is so amazing and intelligent and her talent is extraordinary... she wasn't crazy, if anything she wanted out more than anyone. Yet I couldn't wait an extra day? I ruined things' Anderson rambled, hands flying around.

'Anderson, son. Stop beating yourself up about it, you cannot change the past. What you can do, is tell me more about this girl, I'd like to know why Alice speaks so fondly of her' Carlisle wanted an insight of his daughters interest in the girl, He himself hadn't found his mate and though envious he was mostly intrigued in a mates connection and how being apart may impact on Alice.

Anderson softly smiled at the thought of human Guinevere, 'oh she's delightful, just delightful! She is like a dove, so beautiful and pure...but now she's a dirty crow'

Carlisle stifled a chuckle from passing his lips, the boys rapid topic change humoured the older gentleman to no ends but it was no time for laughter, 'you know, crows are highly intelligent' Carlisle shrugged, noticing the boys raised eyebrows of intrigue. 'They are also loud, but known for adaptability...'.

'So... Guinevere will find a smart way to adapt to being a vampire and come back to us... and be loud while doing so?' Anderson questioned where the man was going with his metaphor.

'Close' Carlisle grinned, 'She is clever, she knows what she is doing. Once she is ready to completely adapt, she will. She will sure as hell make sure we know when she is coming'.

'She will be okay, won't she?' Anderson sighed, Carlisle nodded muttering about how Guinevere sounds like a strong girl only for Anderson to correct him, 'No, not Guin...Alice'.

'Ah' the doctor nodded but hesitated to speak, his grimaced as he contemplated upon what to say to not worry the boy. 'Well, Alice too is strong. Besides, I have a feeling something or should I say someone is going to change the dynamic around here soon', if Carlisle could blush his cheeks would be rosy red. The son laughed, catching onto what Carlisle was hinting towards.

'There's a woman!' He jumps up, running out of the office and shouting around the house 'Carlisle's about to bring home a momma!'.

'guys I wanted to talk to you about something' Carlisle sat his small family down, a serious expression shutting down Andersons wiggling eyebrows he was previously doing to the father. 'As you guys know, thanks to Anderson, I may have a lady friend' Edward cringed at the phrasing while Alice squealed.

'A patient?' Edward questioned after reading the mans mind, he was changed on his death bed so it didn't surprise him that Carlisle was considering doing the same again with his new love interest.

'Her name is Esme, she is lovely and just delightful. I changed her last night, she was on the brink of death and I was hoping you would all like to meet her?' Carlisle was anxious but hopeful.

'Hello' a warm smile came into view.