-

'Get off of me! Let me go!' Guinevere cried, 'please don't do this to me' her screams grabbed the attention from most of the residents in the building

'Get off of me! Let me go!' Guinevere cried, 'please don't do this to me' her screams grabbed the attention from most of the residents in the building. They all learned to ignore the screams after a few days of living there.

The men carried Guinevere into a room, despite her abrupt movements in attempt to escape, they threw her into a chair, strapping her arms. Her chest rose and fell with great speed, she whipped her head around looking at the room. Granted, there wasn't much to look at, the chipped walls were painted beige, contrasting sharply against the bright colours on the machine sat in the corner. 'What is that?' Guinevere whispered, frantically shaking her head when she noticed one of the men wheeling it over, 'no no no no'. He attached some wires to her temples, her attempts to dodge his hands were pointless, they always got what they want and it didn't take long for Guinevere to learn that.

'Go straight to 250 Volts' The main doctor spat, waiting for the assistant to follow his order. To his disappointment the smaller man stayed frozen, his hands shook in hesitation.

'B-but sir it's her first sitting-'

'I said, 250 Volts...NOW!' He snapped, his cheeks reddened from anger. The assistant quickly turned the nozzle, flinching harshly at the girls shrilled screams of pain.

Guinevere's eyes rolled back, fainting from the overwhelming shocks to her mind.

——
——

She was laying on a hard cold floor, goosebumps covered her exposed skin from the freezing temperatures of the building. Her head ached, holding no recollection of her previous whereabouts. She opened her eyes and they instantly teared up at the sight around her.

The room was small, little to no bed- simply a blanket on the concrete ground. The door was open but the multiple key holes warned Guinevere of its ability to be locked. 'where am I?' she whispered, observing her attire of a hospital gown style dress.

'Mississippi' a soft voice spoke, Guinevere snapped around in shock not expecting to be holding company. 'They shocked you, it's their attempt at erasing your memories' she cleared the confusion on Guinevere's face.

The smiling girl shrugged her shoulders, holding a book out that was previously hidden behind her back, 'buuuut' she dragged out. 'Little do they know, if you write everything you remember now- they simply cannot make you forget everything'. Guinevere accepted the book, flicking through and seeing pages filled with notes. 'You can use the rest, I have nothing else to write. We will be great...friends, yes that's the word. Friends' The bubbly girl nodded, as if she was convincing herself. Guinevere smiled, nodding along as she spoke. 'Oh! Silly me! I'm Alice! Well, technically I'm Mary, buuuut ever since reading Alice In Wonderland I have changed my name' The girl sure spoke a lot, but Guinevere appreciated not having to fill any awkward silences.

'I'm-'

'-Guinevere... I know, I um I saw you coming' Alice interrupted, a blush soaking her cheeks. 'That's why I'm here actually, I was predicting things.'

Guinevere grinned, 'How fascinating'. She knew what it was like to have an ability and to be doubted, she wanted to encourage Alice that she was special.

'Fascinating?' Alice questioned, everyone else she had told responded with disgust

'Why, of course! Alice that's quite incredible'

Alice's heart stuttered, she was glad her prediction was accurate, Guinevere would be a very important person in her life.