-

'Nothing a bag of ice and some ointment won't fix' Alexander shrugged, handing the two objects out for Guinevere to take

'Nothing a bag of ice and some ointment won't fix' Alexander shrugged, handing the two objects out for Guinevere to take. Alice giggled at the girls flinch to the cold temperatures of the bag, She knew Alexander wouldn't hesitate to help- after all the first thing the man had said to her was 'if you need any help at all, I'm always only a corridor away'.

Alexander was a kind man, like Alice had said he was the only worker in the building whose moral compass wasn't completely corrupt. Alice grew fond of him, he had helped settling her in when she was first institutionalised. The man had taken her under his wing, she reminded him of his late daughter Madison. Both the girls loved fantasy books and were as bubbly as can be, when he first met Alice his frozen heart stopped being so...frozen. Alice was incredibly intelligent and it didn't take much for her to realise the worker was not human, she had never considered the stories she read to hold any truth to them. But, when he clarified that he was in-fact a vampire, she didn't find herself scared. That was until a certain James came into the picture.

Alexander and James used to be close friends, though, Alexanders liking of human company didn't sit right with the lethal tracker. The doctor regretted having to tell Alice that James had caught her scent, and was now invested in breaking into this asylum and killing whoever meant anything to Alexander. At first Alice was terrified, staying up at night flinching at any loud bangs from outside, until a vision gave her an idea on how to solve their issue.

She had gone straight to Alexanders office the very next morning, she told him about her plan.

'You turn me, Alexander! Before he arrives, you turn me and we escape'

But, Alexander was one step ahead of her having already accepted that the girl will soon be like him. They agreed that Alexander will turn her when the time comes, and that it was Alice's job to do her best to keep an eye on James and to keep track of any visions involving him. Alice was comfortable with becoming immortal, she would be safe and away from the horrible place she held residency in. That was until she met Guinevere.

Alice couldn't fathom the idea of living without Guinevere, watching her grow old and wary. Watching the girl fade away into nothing while she lived forever, never ageing and never having to worry about death.  So, suddenly Alice wasn't all too fond of being turned, it was only a matter of weeks until it would happen but the new company of the special blonde girl reminded Alice of what turning into a vampire would take away from her.

'Thank you' Guinevere responded, looking at the small bottle of ointment. It reminded her of the medicine she had to use when she had fallen into a stinging nettle bush when she was seven, not her fault of course- how was she to know that unlike Mr. Rabbit who could jump in with no injuries, she on the other hand would come out with a painful rash.

'Apply before bed each night, or whenever it starts to sting. You should see some healing in a couple days, if not then come back and see me' Alexander explained, noting down his words for her to take incase she were to forget the instructions.

Alice thanked him and urged Guinevere to leave with her, but Alexander called for them to stop.

'Alice, would you mind staying? Sorry, Miss. Smith I simply need just a few moments with her' He smiled, Alice offered Guinevere a nod of reassurance as she hesitantly walked out of the room.

'One week' Alexander sighed, 'I'm confident our plan will work, but I see you are growing fond of the new patient. Should I worry that Miss. Smith will possibly be a threat to our plans success?' Alexander could tell that the two had grown close in a short amount of time.

'Nothing to worry' Alice lied through her teeth, though she should've known better. Alexander's roll of the eyes told Alice that he hadn't believed her words, and she didn't blame him for she wasn't the best liar. 'Okay, maybe there is something. I really like her, Alex! I- I see visions of her...and me...together'

Alexander grimaced, physically cringing at her words, he felt uncomfortable at the topic Alice was leading towards, a father did not need to or want to hear about their daughters sex dreams.

'Not like that!' Alice squealed, slapping her hand against his arms, 'You pig!'. The two burst into laughter, shaking their heads in embarrassment.

'I'll come up with something, I don't want you alone out their. Maybe Guinevere is good company for you to keep. Now run along' Alexander ushered her out, not without kissing her head before she left.