Chapter 12 - Enchanting Secret

Blue's POV

I struggled to sleep. First because of the events and also because....I don't know, I wasn't feeling relaxed.

I gently and quietly got out of bed, making sure not to bother Lust and exited the room. Nightmare was sleeping on the couch and the other were probably in the other rooms so I decided to give myself a tour.

I visited the first floor. It was the entrance's floor and also where the kitchen was. I gave myself a glass of water and drank quietly, looking back to see if I had disturbed the other's sleep. Luckily, I did not.

Then I visited the second floor. That's where all the rooms were. There was also a bathroom and stairs that went on the third floor.

I watched up the stairs. It was incredibly dark. I'm not really found of dark places but something caught my eyes.

A very, very faint purple light illuminated the wall a bit. It was a bit pretty but where did it come from ?

I know entering people's places was wrong but I really wanted to know what was it. So I quietly walked up the stairs. As I arrived up there, I noticed something else.

I heard a song being hummed. It looked like it came from the window.

I normally would be scared because now that I have the proof that ghosts exist, it could probably be a ghost trying to lure me to them !

But...It seemed so pleasing. I needed to get closer to it...

I tip-toed quietly to the window and saw that it was open. Outside, there was a bit of roof so it was possible to stand there. And there WAS someone there.

He sat upon the roof, humming a song softly. I hadn't recognize him because he wore his hood.

He sang more, allowing his voice to drift on the wind. I laid on the window frame, almost like my body begged me to get closer. But I didn't want to bother him too so I stayed further away.

The quiet symphony that drifted from his mouth sounded like a siren's lure, the difference being that I could control myself.

I closed my eyes and relaxed. I didn't know someone could have such a great voice. A soft blow of wind came out of nowhere which made me shiver slightly. I opened back my eyes as I started getting cold.

However, I quickly learned that my eyes flew brighter when I was weakened, even just a little.

The humming stopped and the person in front of me stayed silent. I gulped and stood back up, shivering from the cold.

He turned his head toward me, his eyes glowing brightly. One was red and the other blue with a red ring around it. I realized that I had seen those eyes before.

"O-oh, sorry Dust..." I managed to say while shaking a bit. The other looked at me before sighing.

"Please don't tell anyone...I don't like my voice that much..." he said quietly.

I looked at him, holding my arms in an attempt to protect myself from the cold blow. "I t-think you have a b-beautiful voice, but I guess I can keep a s-secret."

I yawned as my body tried to adjust to the cold. But I guess I'm not strong enough to bare it.

I saw Dust gesturing to me to come closer. I hesitated, knowing that it would be even colder outside. But I didn't really want to come back down so I jumped through the window and went to him.

Dust pulled me on his lap and put his hoodie on us. I felt my cheeks warm up at the kind act. Was it because I was blushing or because his hoodie was actually warm ?

I looked up at him since I was smaller, and he looked down to me. He hummed his song again which made me smile a bit. He stopped again to stare into my eyes.

"Are you aware that your eyes turn into stars when I sing ?" I blushed at the sudden question and nodded. I surely didn't expect him to look at my eyes so much.

"My brother used to say that every time I was happy, they turned into stars and shined slightly."

I looked away, suddenly feeling melancholy as the thought of my brother came to my mind. I don't really know what happened to him ever since I died.

Dust seemed to notice and hugged me close to his chest. My soul was beating faster as I felt his on my cheek. "I know what you feel, I had a brother too."

We both stopped talking. I didn't really mean to make him feel bad and he looked like he was...calm ?

He hummed again, making me turn my eyes into shiny blue stars. He chuckled slightly and stroke my head. "If my voice can make you feel better then I might as well put it to good use."

He laid his back on the wall and continued his enchanting melody. I started relaxing and soon found myself snuggling up to him. He laid his hand on my shoulder and, as he did not stop humming, I felt him kiss my forehead.

I let out a small whine as I became more and more sleepy. If I had expected that I would be the guardian of that kind of secret, I would probably be very excited !

But that same enchanting secret was slowly guiding me to sleep for the moment. I let out another yawn and soon drifted into a comforting sleep.

Dust's POV

Blue had fallen asleep on me.

I was a bit conscious about my voice but I'm happy that he loves it. I softly stopped humming to look at the smaller in my arms.

It's sad that such a wonderful person could have been through the same thing as me. I mean, we both lost our brothers in in way or another, and there he is, listening to some random stupid monster making a not-so-great melody.

I continued to stare at him. He had a peaceful expression and, judging by his breath, he was relaxed. I grinned at the small skeleton and took him in my arms.

I held him gently and entered the house again. Of course I wasn't going to sleep on the roof with him, I don't want him to fall.

I walked to the room I borrowed from Killer and realized Horror and Geno were still there. I actually wanted to keep Blue here with me so I teleported Horror into Blue's previous room and laid Blue on the bed gently.

Horror won't mind anyway, will he ?

I went next to Blue and he instantly scooted toward me to cuddle. I found myself getting attached to the small. How careless of me.

I sighed quietly and gave up on trying to stay away. Instead I hugged him back and hugged him closer, feeling my soul thump a bit louder than before.

"Good night, little star~" I whispered softly as I saw him smile. I smiled back happily and went to sleep, keeping the adorable skeleton in my embrace.

So, are we going to talk about how Dust just threw Horror with Lust ?

No ?

Fine because I'd rather talk about how Blue and Dust are like, the really cuddly bean and the protective caretaker. It's absolutely adorable qwq

Also Dust is a SIREN CONFIRMED LMAO

Not really tho, but it's nice that he has the sweetest voice in the house. It makes him one of the best :3

Except that they're all the best-........Oh well.