26- Playdates

Amelia's pov

I move downstairs and stop on the second last stair when I hear Adam and maddie' talking. Adam was trying to put her on the sofa and Maddie didn't want to. I peep and see Maddie tightening her grip on Adam's neck not agreeing to be put on the longest sofa.

'You haven't told me how I look yet.' She demands.

'You have to sleep Maddie.'

'I am not sleeping till you tell me.'

'Can you just let me go so I can place you down?' he says tiredly.

'I know I am not like Bianca but I can't be that bad, can I?' He stays shut as he looks elsewhere .

'Thank you for confirming it.' Sarcasm oozing out of her. She finally lets go.

He just sighs and place her on the sofa before taking off her heels and using a duvet cover her body. He says a goodnight but Maddie just rolls off to the other side. I move five stairs back and made my steps louder this time.

'She slept already?' I play dumb.

'Yeah ,'

'Thank you,'

'Anytime.'

I sit and start removing her makeup. I retire to bed immediately I get done.I had to go back home early tomorrow because of the long list I had and even check up on gran.

Morning was here in no time. I leave early not having even breakfast. I take my duffel bag, look for my car keys and move to the parking garage.I reach home to find my family in the kitchen eating.I kiss my mom and grandma on the forehead ,ruffle Jason's hair and serve myself some scrambled eggs and pancakes.

'How are you feeling gran?' I say while digging in.

'I have been thankfully okay, I just miss my home and my barn.

'Its okay, one month will melt before you know it. But we will greatly miss you. We are already used to you being here with us.

'You guys come visit me frequently ,whenever you miss me.'

I just smile to that. I have always loved this lady and I always will. I do the dishes before I move to my room. It was messy since I had not been home for some time and had not gotten the opportunity to clean it since gran got sick. I put a scarf to cover my front hair as I start with my dresser ,getting rid off the unwanted and finished products. I move to my closet setting aside that I have never use for charity. I put on my to do list to go get some few new pants and clothes when I get time. I tidy my study table and put all the dirty clothes in the washing machine as I settled on my table to finish the notes and the pending assignments.

It was 3pm when I get done with my school work. I play my music and do some dancing,something I loved doing. I only go shower and wash my hair when I was exhausted and had sweated enough. I had to blow dry my hair and flat iron it, it was afterall our independence day a day to celebrate. Plus I had to baby sit Jasmine.Jasmine happens to be mom's colleague at work's daughter. Her mom is a good friend to mine's. She was also a single mom and had a date tonight . Jasmine was just nine years old.

I get ready for the evening by wearing a blue jeans and some red shirt tank top with flowers to the neckline. I complete my outfit by pulling my hair backwards ,leaving it open and wearing a black hair band. I grab my side bag with the car keys and head to the main door.

'I am leaving for mrs Wilderman.' I shout on the corridor connecting to the main door.

'Okay ,be safe.'

I use my car mirror to apply lip gloss and hit on my fuel. I use gps to track my destination and was greatly impressed when I pull in her driveway at exactly 6:54. She had a very gigantic home based on the fact it was just her and Jasmine. She had a lovely entrance with a slight long roof top connected to the main door with flower top on both sides (one of my wishes when I get my lovely home one day) .

I brush my hair and click on the doorbell.

'Hel-l-o,' am I at the right house really? As far as I know, mrs wilderman has just one child and it was a girl named Jasmine. Then why is Tobias Anderson standing in front me with all his glory. He gives me two full head to toe glances. I don't even know how to start. He always has this intimidating look that makes you want to always have your mouth shut. Like do you get what I mean? You lose yourself in his eyes for three minutes, then you will have to carry the broken pieces of your heart and stitch them up yourself or stay broken cause no cardiology in Florida currently, can help you. I have seen it so many times happening with girls at school and other girls who come for our school matches. I don't know about the rest matches cause I have only been to those whose attendance is mandatory. I look away when he looks into my eyes and I start to speak;

'Um, am I at the right place really?'

He leans on the doorframe before saying,' depends on where you were going.'

'Does Jasmine reside here?'

'I have lived most of my life in this house and so far I don't know any Jasmine. 'All he had to say was a no . Someone calls him and before I know it a very gorgeous lady is standing beside him. She was a 5'9 making me whose 5'5 insecure af. She must be working as a model at victoria's secret. She was wearing shorts and her chocolate brown hair tied in a knot. Tobias's exact type since he also had the same hair.

''Do you happen to know a mrs Wilderman?' I ask when I realize they were waiting for me to talk.

I move to Mrs. wilderman's house which happens to be next, immediately I get shown. I had mixed the two numbers. I turn to see Tobias still looking at me weirdly. He must be making sure that I really was here to babysit and not to stalk him. His problem! At least I got to know where he lives.

'Hello Mrs Wilderman.'

'Hello Amelia.Thank you so much for coming. Jasmine is in her room, feel very much at home . There is food in the fridge and I will be here by 9. Bye. See ya!' and there I was on the door alone. Not that I minded, 10 bucks would be with me before I know it.

10 pm was here and mrs wilderman had still not made her entry. I had started to get worried. Jasmine was fast asleep. She had been a good girl all through not even giving me a hard time at all. I heard dinner with her doll family and according to her they had loved me so much. Baby Asher (one of the dolls) apparently cried when we were done with eating since I had to go home. We then had real dinner and watched cartoons before she fell asleep. She said she loved me and that She would love to have another play dates with me. Lucky me.

☆☆☆☆☆

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

I would love to shout out my lovely friend who is is extremely sweet sdryer

☆☆☆☆☆