15- Our different ways

Amelia’s Pov

I can’t believe I let Him go just like that. I would have stopped Him, told Him I loved him or less, just say that I had forgiven Him a long time ago. That would have been better. He felt so hurt, I could see it in His eyes. Ughh…what did I just do?

Is everything okay? ‘I turn to see Harvey behind me. He had moved from the mini living room to the thin space leading to our exit door. That was where I had stood with Toby a while ago.

I just realized that I was standing staring at the door for so long not even bothered to answer the question he had asked.

Umm, yeah. Everything is okay.’ I force a smile.

Really, okay.’ As he smacks his lips drawing a thin line.

So, what did you want to talk about? Let’s get this done with.  I’m so tired. He looks at me not sure, if it’s really the right time.

Okay. What I really want to say is, I’m really sorry Amelia. I know I acted foolish and stupid, to do what I did, I was drunk when that picture was taken. And I just missed you so damn mu…’

‘It’s okay really.’ l say not ready to hear to the whole damn story that I no longer care about. Plus I hold no grudge on Him.

‘That’s not it, I just thought maybe we could write it all again but this time with a hap...’

‘No Harvey. That can never happen again. What happened, happened. And thank God we all have our different ways.’

‘If only you could give me a single chance. We’ll make it magical. It’s going to be just you and I.I tried calling you months later but you never picked up. Its three years later and you’re still the pretty and kind girl I knew’ could this man shut up now? He’d be dead if Toby found Him speaking like this to me.

‘There’s no chances. We were both teenagers and stupid .We still teenagers but kind of grew up.’

Harvey used to be my boyfriend back in my school before I shifted the state and joined Dakewell High three years ago.

‘Just one chance.’

‘No’

Please’ He begged

‘I can’t ‘

‘But why?’

‘Because I love somebody else’ I finally tell Him.

Really? Okay fine.’

‘We friends then?’

‘I don’t know’ I say deep in thought. Toby doesn’t like Him and I don’t want him getting any more upset .Cause last time He did, it hasn’t been resolved to date.

Just a yes or no, but think about it.’ He says as he removes his hands from his pockets and comes towards me. ’Friendly hug?’

I hug him and hear him whisper,’I missed you Amie’ He leaves immediately after that.

I close the door and take out a huge sigh.

Harvey was my first and only boyfriend so far who I really dated. We met when He got transferred to Alabama. I knew Him through my friend who apparently happens to be cousins. We would all hang out together but one thing I always knew was He was a fuck boy. We got closer when I started tutoring Him, on me James order. Before I know it, we were serious and in a snap we started dating. He was a good boyfriend who knows how to treat you right but the only thing that came in our way was the fact that, he thought, specifically that He had a title to maintain hence we’d keep the dating thing to ourselves.

He would always tell me of how he would one day declare us in openly and this hiding period would be over. I never brought the subject up cause I always wasn’t ready to be in everyone’s mouth. But boy, was I wrong. I just had this one relationship in my whole life and it taught me multiple lessons all together.

When I moved out of Alabama, We sat and talked about what we really wanted. We both wanted to continue with the distance relationship. He would come on the weekends and I once went to see Him. It went one for two months. I would call Him we had game nights or high schools parties. Everyone knew we were dating. A couple of times, I would get numbers informing Me that my boyfriend was cheating with even pictures but I still ignored them.

It was one fateful night when I saw Him with Maya on Nick’s party. It became unbearable and I was so unhappy. I get a text the next day, Him dumping me. And it became talks for Dakewell for a whole two weeks. Toby was not at school at that time but had just started His exchange Program.

I got over it in just a week since I figured I didn’t love Him. It was just infatuation or something. Plus, my two besties were there with me the whole time. And then two and a half or should I just say three years later I find Him here in the Bahamas. And he’s the one who happens to see me when I was strolling on the Bahamian shore.

I ignore Him, initially but since I decided it wasn’t worth my time. Plus he made me stronger for some reason. Though it did hurt for a couple of day. A guy who happens to be my boyfriend cheated on me. Brought low esteem but then, I realized I wasn’t worthy of a cheating prick.

Let me just accept His request. I hold no grudges anymore. It was still noon so I decided to chill with my laptop and watch stranger things before I go see Toby. He must be dying to know but he’s going to act uninterested. Vanessa and Madison will kill me if I forget to inform them. Gush my life is a beautiful mess.

There was going to be a huge party tonight after Dakewell winning to …. Vanessa was the one who was most excited about it. She had planned out our outfits even before the game started. She had used the exact words, perfect moments for ‘People like us’ (singles).  I’m so not looking for any more guy drama right now. Toby has been ignoring me again. I clearly told Him that all we did was talk. But He straight away told me He didn’t care. I already know how I’ll make Him forgive me. I sure as hell won’t be going to Florida till we make up. We both made silly mistakes. Though mine is still the huge one. But we both new at this and I wasn’t giving up on us just yet. I can still picture how we met,

☆☆☆☆☆

I hope you get to learn from this as well as enjoy. Because I sure am trying to educate you guys too.

☆☆☆☆☆