True Nature

Y/N's pov

Y/N: 'Where is she?!'

Immediately after entering Steven's house, I passed the group who tried to question who knows what, I went upstairs towards the warp, and warped to the garden where I entered the house and looked to see the sword lying on the floor near Spinel's door.

Y/N: 'It's time to end this.'

I grabbed the sword and went back outside to the warp and headed towards Calynth. I then warped and entered Calynth. Upon entering, it seemed it was raining harshly, but not enough to obscure my vision.

Y/N: 'How fitting...'

I looked around the grey and barren environment. I took a deep breath and began to walk in front of me towards the kindergarten. All the while, I felt something watching me, I knew clearly well who it must've been, but I decided to ignore it. I kept looking around my surroundings while walking around...

Nothing....

No sound besides my footsteps, no other person in sight besides me, no other presence aside from my own... At this point it was becoming frustrating just trying to find Tara. At this point I began to get lost in thought, at first it was just measly little thoughts. But then Spinel came to mind. I completely out of the blue decided to get her off my back so I could go and fight someone who was in a much better state than I was and not to mention, how is she going to feel about knowing I almost got killed-

Y/N: 'No! You got this, just shatter Tara, and go back to Spinel and the others without having to tell them anything, they're better off not knowing her existence...'

I snapped out of my thoughts after a bit and still noticed no sign of her in this place, causing me to get agitated.

Y/N: Hey!! I'm here where you want me!! You can come out now, you coward!!
???: Well how rude~

I stopped. She was suddenly right behind me telling by where the voice resonated from. I didn't want to look back to see her, so I just kept staring the opposite direction.

Y/N: You are being a real pain by not showing up sooner.
Tara: Patience is key, Y/N~ I thought you would know that~
Y/N: Look, I just want to end this sooner. I'd rather not let the others know what I'm up to.
Tara: Right, I forgot you're not comfortable with introducing me to your friends. And why is that? Afraid I won't make a good first impression?~
Y/N: More like I'd rather not let you hurt those I care about!
Tara: Right, I forgot your friends included rebels, an organic, and a toy.

I gritted my teeth from that last name, I knew who she was talking about.

Y/N: Do not call Spinel a toy!..
Tara: I'll call her whatever I want, and last time I checked, I'm not wrong.
Y/N: You are wrong! And last time I checked you don't have any friends.
Tara: Wow. What a comeback. Why would I need need friends when I could have power and destruction?

I didn't look back but I felt a vine begin to wrap around my waist.

Tara: And why would I need anybody when I could have you?~ If you just leave that toy and join me!

I turned around and sliced the vine with the sword, making it drop to the ground and shocking Tara just a little bit, but she returned to her smug expression.