Your Sunlight (Story Writing Demo)

This will be a demo for what the new writing style will be – if it is approved by everyone – for this new story take. I will continue my way with my past writing if no one wants it to change and if it is worse then what I did write before. But without further ado, let's continue!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Human Spinel x Male Guardian angel sunflower reader

To say that life was going decent was an overstatement – that's what the girl with magenta-tip ponytails thought at least. The grumpy, rebellious girl named Spinel rested on her messy bed. The pillow was close to falling off, the sheets were wrinkled, and her blanket was already on the ground. Her room – her house even – was worse – dull, messy, and in need of cleaning, yet the girl did nothing but stare at the ceiling. She hadn't smiled sincerely in so long, her tough shell locking her feelings in some unseen chamber within herself.

Spinel used to be happy-go-lucky, so cheerful, so innocent, yet it all changed when her mother abandoned her. She was so naive to think her mother would return when she played her little "stand still" game – even more naive to accept the game in the first place. She was tired as she looked at the ceiling with a bored and grumpy look. One one hand, she was tired after a day at school – most of her gang missed school that day and the teachers seemed extra boring to her lately. Not to mention how another student named Steven kept trying to be her friend again. She hated him – him and his friends, family, and his mother. Her mother.

She tried to push her thoughts aside as she looked around her room. Her eyes turned, but her head kept itself rested on the pillow under her. She turned to her clothes – black, leather jacket with a magenta shirt that had an upside-down, black heart, black gloves with with some magenta lines on it, and black nails that were once pink. She looked farther down and looked at her lower level of clothing – magenta shorts with knee-high white socks. Her black boots were missing since she had took them off and thrown them to the side as soon as she entered the house.

And then she looked at a more prominent feature on her wrists. Bringing her right arm up, she turned it around so she could see the bottom side of her arm, revealing scars – some recently added, others from some time ago. Cutting herself hurt, but it somehow made her feel good right after. The pain felt more and more relieving with each slash that appeared. She looked on a bit before lowering her wrist and sitting up. She turned to her left where the doorway to the bathroom was, staring at it with some a tired expression as she stood up from the bed and began to walk towards the other room.

She opened the door as she peered inside, seeing darkness with a few silhouettes of the bathroom. Turning on the lights, Spinel entered and closed the door behind her as she stopped in front of the sink as the massively cracked mirror in front showed her tired look as best as it could. She sighed as she looked at her cracked reflection. Seeing her face was the least favorite thing to do. Her magenta-colored eyes stared at her features, along with the eyeshadow that went down to her cheeks in streaks, resembling crying. She stared at her reflection a bit more before opening a small drawer on front of the sink. Inside was only a single razor as she looked it hesitantly before reaching her hand into it.

Before it could reach the sharp piece of metal, her arm stopped as she felt like someone was grabbing it.
The magenta-haired girl grew confused, quickly looking around as she wondered why this was happening. Am I hallucinating again? The girl pondered before the feeling on her arm went away. This happened every time she cut herself, and she always wondered why. She shook her head before turning her gaze at the razor once more, but soon let her arm fall to her side. She didn't know if that was all in her head, but now wasn't the time, she just wanted some sleep – anything to escape reality for a moment. She sighed and slightly slouched as she exited the room, turning the lights off and closing the door behind her as she jumped on the bed, landing on her backside and closing her eyes. One minutes turned to two, and soon enough, she began to snore.