An Old Friend

3rd pov

It had been a good two days after the date you and Spinel had, and after that, you tried asking Steven and the others on how to understand romantic love more. Of course they helped, even if some subjects were a little weird, but nonetheless, it helped and you were able to understand it better. As for you and Spinel, you both have been closer than before, sticking with each other even more than usual after you accepted her proposal to be more than just best friends. You asked Steven what to refer to Spinel now, and now it's girlfriend? Weird names, but you can't complain. As with what happens now? We'll you and Spinel were currently in the garden, well, Spinel was in house while you took care of the plants and getting rid of the unknown vines that suddenly appeared. While tending to them, you heard Spinel open the door from the house and come over to you. When she got to you, she placed her arms around in an excited manner.

Spinel: What'cha doin?
Y/N: Taking care of the plants, nothing too big.

Spinel looked to the side to see some vines you tore away and placed in a little pile.

Spinel: What's with those?
Y/N: I don't know, they've just shown up out of the blue, I can't really tell where or how they came here, but hopefully I can get rid of them, they've been killing of some of the plant life in this area.
Spinel: Well, any clues yet?
Y/N: Nope! But most of them are gone, so I don't need to worry for now.

You then placed down one of the flowers that were dying from the vines onto a new spot to grow in. Once done you got up with a pleased expression.

Y/N: Done! Well, I've finished tending to the garden, want to come with? I'm gonna go hang out with Steven and the other crystal gems.
Spinel: Oh... I was thinking maybe we could play? Just the two of us?
Y/N: Don't worry! We'll have more people to join in on the fun, so you in?
Spinel: Uh, yeah...

You could tell she just wanted it to be the two of you, so you just put your arm around her and gave off a small smile.

Y/N: C'mon, don't be like that! How about this, when this is all done, you'll have me for an entire day next time! Sound fun?

Spinel's immediately lit up with delight from that.

Spinel: Really?!
Y/N: Yes!
Spinel: Deal!!!
Y/N: Alright, lets go then!

You and Spinel held hands while playfully running to the warp pad. Once you made it, you warped to Steven's house, and went downstairs to see him with the crystal gems. They seemed to be talking about something until Steven turned around to see you and Spinel on the stairs.

Steven: Guys! Just in time!
Y/N: Time for what?
Steven: Well, we need to go on another planet and look for more corrupted gems, and we're leaving in a bit!
Spinel: Which planet?
Steven: We need to visit the diamonds first to know, they forgot to tell us the name of this planet, we'll, I forgot it, but still! Lapis and Bismuth said they were coming, we just need them to show up so we can go!

Before Steven could respond, everyone heard knocks on the front door. When Steven opened it, it revealed Lapis, Bismuth, and Peridot.

Lapis: Sup.
Steven: You're here! Great, we can go now!
Bismuth: Yep! I'm ready to kick some corrupted butt!
Pearl: Then we better get going then, while it's still early.
Amethyst: I'm going to stay here!

Amethyst then sat down and began to play video games.

Pearl: What?! Amethyst you need to come with us!
Amethyst: It's fine! You have the others, plus, Spinel can take over for me, right?
Spinel: Uh, sure, glad to help a friend!
Amethyst: See?
Pearl: Grr, fine... we should get going now.
Steven: Right.