Epilogue

In Loving Memory Of:
Lydia-Marie James Mitchell. Loving wife and mother.
March 5, 1979-June 30, 2014
~~~
Once met, never forgotten. Uncompromisingly unique. Generous of heart, constant of faith.
Remembered with love.

I read the writings displayed on my mother's gravestone. I looked at the orchids that I brought, before I laid it on the grave. She loved all flowers, but orchids were her favourite. I looked over at the grave beside hers. It was my father's. She was buried right beside him and for some reason, I know that they were both happy.

It was a Saturday, the fifth of March, her birthday. It has been a tradition to visit her grave on her birthday to bring a different flower. It has been three years since she passed, so it was now her third birthday not spent alive. I still miss her a lot, but I know she wouldn't want me to be sad forever. She would want me to move on with my life and be happy.

After spending a couple more minutes with my mother and father, I walked over to Jasmine's car a few distance away. For her birthday last month, she got a black convertible. She has always wanted one, so she was thrilled and excited when she got it.

I opened the passenger door and got in. "Alright, let's go." I said, closing the door.

Jasmine looked over at me. "Are you alright?" She asked.

I nodded my head. "Yes." I answered honestly.

From the backseat, Lucas leaned over to me and patted my shoulders. "That's good to hear." I turned around and gave him a smile.

Kevin, whose head was buried in a sports magazine looked up. "So, where are you and Jasmine going?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I have no clue." I turned to look at Jasmine. "Where are we going?"

She smiled at me, then started the engine. "First, we are going shopping and then we are going to treat ourselves at the spa." She looked behind at Kevin and Lucas. "You guys want to come with?"

They both shook their head. "No sorry, I have other things to do in town." Kevin said.

"Yeah and plus, we would rather skip the torture of shopping with you and Kayla." Lucas added. Jasmine and I looked at each other, then burst out laughing.

Jasmine looked at them in the rearview mirror. "Awwe babe, that's a bummer. We would have had so much fun." She said teasingly. She bit her lip to prevent from laughing again.

"Yeah, you guys don't know what you are missing." I added, stifling a laugh as well.

"We know exactly what we are missing." Kevin said. We couldn't contain our laughter anymore, so we burst out laughing once again.

As soon as Jasmine contained her laughter, she put the car into drive and drove away from the graveyard.

******

Three hours later, Jasmine and I were ready to go home. We had facials, manicure and pedicure. We also did our hair. I even followed my mind and cut my hair short. It now lay on my shoulders. I must admit, it was a relaxing day and I loved every minute of it.

Before heading home, Jasmine stopped at the supermarket so that I could get some things that Aunt Eloise had asked me to pick up. After another twenty minutes, Jasmine dropped me at home.

I looked at the time and saw that it was one o'clock. Carson told me earlier that he was going to pick me up at two. To go where? He didn't tell me. Only that it was a surprise. After unpacking the groceries in the kitchen, I went up to my room to get ready.