Exposed Truths and Accusations

On Saturday, I got ready for my first day of work at the coffee shop. When I was ready, I went to my room door and listened for any sound in the house. I didn't hear any, so I opened my room door slowly and slipped through.

I heard loud snoring coming from the room down the hall as I walk to the stairs. Allan was still asleep, I thought to myself. I shook my head and quickly descend the stairs. I opened the front door and head out.

After walking for fifteen long minutes, I was finally at the coffee shop. I opened the door and went inside. When Samantha saw me entered, she gave me a friendly smile and pointed in the direction of the backdoor. I greeted her and walked around the counter.

I entered through the backdoor and head towards the small cubicle, that is Miranda's office. Miranda smiled when she saw me.

"Hey Kayla. You are here." She greeted. She got up from her chair and indicated for me to follow her. She lead me to a small room which contain lockers. "This is going to be your locker. I already put your uniform that you would wear inside and an apron. Just put them on and go out there. Samantha will tell you what to do."

"Thanks again, Mrs. Jones. I really appreciate you doing this for me." I said, expressing my gratitude.

"Miranda." She reminded, then added. "It's nothing and I know you will do just fine."

I gave her a smile and she left the room. I changed into the uniform which was a blue top and blue pleated skirt that stops at the knee. I put the white apron on and head back to the front.

My first day of work went smoothly. I caught on to everything quickly as if I was working there all my life. The day was busy as a lot of customers came. Riley, Kerry and I took orders, while Samantha and Miranda got the orders ready.

After a long day of being on my feet, I was exhausted, but I knew it was worth it. It was seven o'clock before I changed back into my clothes and was ready to leave. My shift had ended at six thirty, but I had offered to help clean up the cafe. Miranda had said that I didn't need to do that, but I had insisted.

"Bye Miranda!" I said as I left the coffee shop.

"Bye dear. Travel safe." She responded. I opened the door and stepped out into the night air. I have never been on the streets this late before and to be honest, I was scared.

I didn't have any money to take a taxi, so I took a deep sigh and decided to walk. I walked as quickly as possible and was home within ten minutes.

I opened the front door with my keys and head upstairs. The house was in complete darkness, so I figured that Allan was either sleeping or out with friends.

I was halfway up the stairs when I heard a noise. Shocked, I stopped in my tracks. I saw a figure standing up from sitting in the recliner and turned on the lights. The living room lit up in brightness and I was looking into the angry face of my step father.

"Where the hell have you been?" He asked in a hard tone.

What the hell? Why did he care? I crossed my arms over my chest and looked at him square in the eyes. "I got a job. I'm coming from there." I related.

"A job?!" He raised his tone. It was very hard, but I stood my ground.

"Yes a job. I have to go to school and I would need money if I want to continue. I wouldn't need to if you didn't waste all your money on booze." I accused, surprising myself with my confidence.

"You better watch your mouth before I come up there for you. It is my damn money and I do whatever I please with it."

"I know. You have made it clear a million times. You think I don't know that this was going on a long time?" I asked.

"What are you talking about?"

"I remember you and Mom arguing one night about it. I was thirteen then..."

**Flashback**

I woke up from my sleep, by a loud noise downstairs. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and listened closely. After listening for a while, I realized that Mom and Allan were having an argument. Being curious, I got up from my bed and tiptoed to my bedroom door. I opened it slowly and went to the top of the stairs. Here I could hear better so I listened.

"Allan, what have you done with the money you got last month?" I heard my mother's worried voice, "I thought that you were going to help with Kayla."

"I am, but something came up. Next time." Allan said in a dismissive tone. It sounded like he really did not want the argument that he knew was going to come.

"That's what you said the last time." Mom said, sighing exasperatedly. "Wait. You gambled it again, didn't you? Allan how could you? You know that Kayla's school fee is due. They are going to kick her out of school and I really don't want that."

"What does this have to do with me? Look Lydia, I'm trying my best here, but you're acting like she is my responsibility." Allan stated.

"I know, but...I wish I could do better. I want my daughter to have everything she needs, but it's hard. I though you were going to help me. That's what you said when you ask me to marry you." I heard my mother start to cry and I felt tears fall from my own eyes. "Please don't make her suffer. You promised."

"Okay, whatever. I will try my best. But please don't bring up what I do with my money again. It's mine. I do what I please!"

**End Of Flashback**

"My mother couldn't do better. She wanted me to have the best life possible. All you cared about was yourself!" I said as I related what I had heard that night.

"You ungrateful little bitch! I did pay for your education that year. Send you all through middle school. I've done everything and now you are going around being disrespectful!" He roared.

I laughed. I really couldn't help it. Was he hearing himself right now? When my mother died, he didn't make as much effort. He did paid for my education, but they were late all the time. After the principal called him in a few times, he was forced to pay it. Aside from paying for my education, he did not give me any money to go to school or put enough food in the house. I had to make do with the money Mom had left me and even then I had to take time with it as it wasn't enough. That's why I started walking to school and buying a small lunch.

I glared at him. "You've done everything? What have you done for me, but making my life a nightmare?!" I couldn't help but shout back.

"You better keep your voice down young lady and if I ever hear you tell anyone about what's been happening, you are going to regret it. I assure you." He said in a threatening voice.

"I don't know why Mom married you." I said. As the words left my lips, I saw his eyes turned cold and angry.

"You little brat!" Allan said as he run after me. I reacted quickly and run to my room. Thank God I was already halfway up the stairs, because I would never had made it.

I closed my room door behind me and bolted the lock. Allan finally reached my room door and pounded on it. "Kayla, you better open this door right this instant. Do you hear me?!" I shrank back from the door, but kept my eyes on it, because I knew that it was possible for him to break it down. However, he continued to pound on the door. "If you don't open this door, you are going to regret it. No one messes with me, you little bitch!"

He continued to pound on my door for a while, until I didn't hear it anymore. Hopefully, he has given up and left. Finally, after a long while, I got into my bed.

I didn't sleep though. I kept my eyes peeled on the door, because I didn't know if he intended to come back.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A/N: Another update!

All because I love you all. You make me so happy.

This chapter is dedicated to xCryinq Thank you so much for reading my story! 😊❤❤ You are so awesome! 😍

Please vote and comment!

Stay sweet!

Alecia