Revenge Is Best Served Cold

WARNING: Abusive content!

******
I woke up the following morning with a stiff neck. I had slept in one position last night as I was watching the door. I didn't even know when I fell asleep.

I got out of bed and took a quick shower. I was afraid to leave my room, so I decided to stay in. Now and then I would hear Allan downstairs or walking up or down the stairs. I knew he would not go anywhere as today was Sunday.

For the entire day, I stayed in my room and before I knew it night came and I went to sleep. In the morning, I got ready for school and pulled my bedroom door open. I knew that Allan was here, because I didn't hear his car drive out.

I was hoping that I could sneak out without him seeing me. I normally waited until he leaves, but he was taking longer than normal to leave and I didn't want to be late for school.

I didn't hear any noise downstairs, do I took my chance. I slipped through the door and dashed for the stairs. As soon as I reached the stairs, I saw Allan stepped from the nearby room out into the hallway. Before I could react, he moved behind me in one quick movement and shoved me. I lost my footing and went tumbling down the stairs.

As I reached the bottom, I felt my entire body erupt in pain. I tried to stand up quickly, but it was useless. My head was spinning from the intensity and distance of my fall. Within seconds, Allan was down the stairs and beside me.

"You think that you were going to get away from me, huh?" He asked menacingly. He used his foot to kick me in my stomach as I tried once again to stand up. I fell back on my back and he placed his foot on my stomach pinning me down. "Next time you should watch what you say to me!" He replied, pressing his heel down hard into my stomach.

I grimaced in pain and tried to shove him off, but it was no use. He was way stronger than me. "Allan, please." I begged. "Please stop." I coughed.

"Shut up! I don't want to hear your voice!" He shouted. He then removed his foot from my stomach and bend down to pull me up by my hair. "If you ever think about talking to me like that again, I will do worse things to you. Do you hear me?" I tried to nod my head, but it was difficult, because he still held my hair tightly. Tears ran down my cheeks because of the pain I was experiencing.

I looked up at him and saw that his eyes were cold and dangerous looking. He didn't feel any remorse for what he was doing to me. None at all.

He then shoved me hard again and I went crashing into the coffee table, knocking over the flower vase that was on top of it. It shatter into pieces as it hit the floor. I didn't know if Allan was going to come for me, so ignoring the pain that ran through my entire body and got up and limped to the front door.

When I was outside, I tried to move as quickly as I could away from Allan. Away from that monster. Away from anymore beating. There was no point in going to school anymore and I was in too much pain to go anyway. I decided to go to the nearby park, where I could be alone. Most people would be at work or at school now, so it would be empty.

As soon as I reached the park, I sat on a bench. All of the emotions came down on me and I started to cry. I saw a few people in the park, walking with their baby or their dogs, but they were on the other side, so they wouldn't see me.

I put my feet up on the bench and wrapped my arms around my knees. I rest my head between my knees and cried harder. I let out all the pent up emotions that I had all these years. I cried for my father who had died when I was just ten. I cried for my mother who died when I was fifteen and I cried for all the pain and agony Allan had caused me since then.

I don't know how much more of his abuse I could take. Physically, emotionally and mentally. Sometimes I wish I could just run away, but where would I go? I had no money and I have no relatives. Not that I know of anyways. The only relatives I've ever heard about were my grandparents and they died when I was a baby. I sighed. I knew if I told anyone, Allan would be enraged and punish me. I don't even want to think about what he would do to me.

I lifted my head from my knees and wiped my eyes. I was looking out in front of me, when I saw a person walking towards me. I saw that it was Carson and sighed. What was he doing here? Shouldn't he be in school? As soon as I asked myself that question, I berated myself. Why do I even ask that question? This is Carson Knight after all. The bad boy who was notorious for skipping school and getting into trouble.

Either way, I didn't want to see him. I wanted to be alone and I knew he was going to ask questions that I don't want to answer. I tried wiping at my eyes again. He finally reached me and I turned my face from him.

"I knew it was you I saw from way over there. I can't believe it; Ms. Perfect skipping school. You're turning into a rebel." I heard him say.

"Go away Carson." I said. My voice sounded groggy and stuffed up, so I cleared my throat.

I heard silence for a while and then. "Are you crying?"

"No." I denied, shaking my head.

"Yes you are. What's wrong?" He asked quietly.

"It's nothing. Leave me alone, Carson." I said, feeling the tears threatening to spill again. I really didn't want to cry in front of him.

"It is something. Come on, you can tell me." He prodded.

I shook my head as the tears began to spill. "I just want to be alone right now." I said.

"But-"

"Dammit Carson, go! Just go." I said as I started to cry again.

Carson's blue eyes turned cold and dark, just how I was used to it, then added. "Fine, whatever. Forget I asked anything." Then walked away without a backward glance.

Finally alone once again, I buried my head in my knees and cried. After crying for what seemed like forever, I was sitting down just looking out in front of me, when I heard the ringing of my cellphone. I jumped in surprise as I didn't remember that I had it with me.

Picking the phone up, I saw that it was Jasmine. I answered it and place it to my ear. "Hello."

"Kayla, where are you? We are all worried about you. School started half an hour ago." She said worriedly.

"I'm not coming to school today, Jasmine. I'm sorry, I was going to call you guys." I said.

"Are you okay? You must be seriously ill for you not to come to school. I know you, you would not miss school for anything. We're coming over when school ends." She said firmly.

"No, no. That's not necessary. I just woke up with an headache. I'll be fine." I replied quickly.

"Okay then. Please call me if anything." She said.

"Alright, I will. Talk to you later." I said.

Okay, bye." She said, then hang up.

I put my phone back into my pocket and stood up from the bench. I didn't know where I was going, but I knew that I couldn't sit here for the entire day. My body was too tired and sore to walk any further, so I decided to walk back to my house.

Hopefully, Allan has left for work already.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A/N: Hey guys!

I hope you liked this chapter. Vote and comment to share your thoughts.

PM me anytime to talk about anything. I will respond 😊

Thank you for reading my story. 😊😊

Stay safe and keep smiling!

Alecia