A Meeting To Never Forget

Have you ever had that moment where you wished you had superpowers?

Like if you wanted to reach school on time you'd wish you had super speed or if someone was bullying you, you'd wish you have super strength to knock them out with a single punch, or in order to avoid traffic, you'd wish you could fly...

Well, I've had those moments thousands of times. Right now for instance, I was wishing that I have an invisible cloak like the one Harry Potter had. I would throw it over me and walk away, escaping the evil look of my stepfather.

One minute I'm here and POOF! I will disappear in front of him. He wouldn't know what happened. He'd probably think he was losing it.

But those were just wishes that would never come true. So here I was standing in front of my stepfather, who has a pissed off expression on his face.

I knew that expression so well that I instantly got scared. I knew he wouldn't hit me in a public place, but what if he would? What if he decided that he didn't care anymore? What if all the years of drinking alcohol had gotten to him?

Allan then tilted his head and studied me. "I thought I told you to come back home." He said threateningly.

I shook my head. "I'm not going back there. I'm not going to let you hurt me anymore." I said levelly. I tried to sound confident, but failed miserably. He knew that I was intimidated and terrified by him. He liked that, as if he was fed by my fear and pain. I looked around me and realized that no one else was in this aisle. It was just Allan and I.

"Where are you staying?" He asked, his voice rising in anger. "Is it at one of your guy friends house?"

"That's none of your business." I said, my voice rising as well.

He took a step closer to me, a fake smile on his face. "Oh, isn't it? You are nothing but a worthless whore and if you know what's best for you, you'd come home this instant." He said, his gaze daring me to defy him. I looked back at him and I couldn't help but step back a little, trying to escape his murderous gaze.

"Get away from her." I heard a voice filled with anger say. I looked around at Carson and breathe a sigh of relief. He was standing a few distance away from Allan and I. He held in his hands the parcels of frozen meats that he had picked up.

Allan who was surprised by the disruption, turned towards Carson. "This is none of your business boy." He said, his tone held a warning that he should back off.

Carson stepped closer to us. His steps were threatening and his gaze never left Allan. "I'm not going to say it again. Get the hell away from her." He enunciated in a hard tone.

Allan turned to me again, his cold eyes bore into mine. "Is this one of your boyfriends?"

Carson put the items that were in his hands in the trolley and was beside me in an instant, facing Allan. His body was tense with anger and his fists were clenched at his sides. The look in his eyes was dangerous. I've never seen him this angry before, not even when he was squaring off with Oliver. "You better turn around and leave if you know what's best for you."

Allan looked at him for a short while and then he suddenly laugh. He stepped closer to Carson and pointed a finger at him. Carson didn't even move. He wasn't intimidated at all. "Who do you think you are? You think you can challenge me? Boy, if I were you, I'd just back off before you hurt yourself."

"You don't know who you're messing with." Carson said, barely controlling his anger. "You're already on the top of my list, for ever laying a hand on her."

Allan's anger flared and he swung around to look at me. The look in his eyes were clear. I told you what I'd do with you if you ever told anyone. The anger, hatred and reproach was so intense in his eyes as he advanced on me. I shrunk back in fear, but felt my back hit the shelves behind me.