He Is Now Mine

"How is it living with the bad boy?" Jasmine asked as we walked to our first class, English, on Monday.

"It's alright, I guess. At least he's tolerable." I said admittedly.

"Awww," Jasmine said, smiling widely. "You like him. I remember how you used to talk about him before. You used to hate him."

"I didn't hate him." I said defensively.

"Okay, but you were always disgusted by him and his friends' delinquent behaviour, now you're all mushy when you talk about him."

"Mushy? I'm not." I said, shaking my head. We reached our English class and sat down in our seat. As I sat down, I turned towards Jasmine. "He kissed me last Monday." I confessed.

Jasmine's eyes widen. "He kissed you?!" She exclaimed excitedly.

"Shhh...keep your voice down." I said, looking around to see if anyone heard her outburst.

"Sorry, he kissed you?" She asked in a whisper.

"Yes, but I don't know if it meant anything to him." I said.

"Of course it meant something to him. He wouldn't have kissed you if it didn't." She emphasized.

"Jasmine, he kissed girls all the time. Those didn't mean anything." I reminded her.

"This is a totally different situation." She then leaned closer to me. "So, how was the kiss?"

"It was amazing." I answered truthfully.

Jasmine clasped her hands together. "Oh my God, this is so exciting." She expressed grinning at me. "You have your own Knight in shinning armour. You know? Since his name is Knight."

"Yes Jasmine, I get it." I said, shaking my head at her clever choice of words. Before she could say anything else, the teacher entered the classroom. Jasmine and I turned to the front of the class and the teacher began to speak.

******

In maths class, Mr. Malcolm gave us back our test papers. He took so long with them, that I didn't even remember about this test.

When Mr. Malcolm reached my desk, he gave me a satisfied smile. What the hell? Mr. Malcolm actually smiling? I've never seen him smile before. He was always grumpy and miserable. Especially when it came to me.

"Nice work, Kayla. This is an improvement." He said as he handed me my paper. Shocked by his comment, I looked down on my paper.

I got a B? I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I thought I did bad on this test, but all along I was doing the right thing for the most part. I was really happy with this grade. Some people might say a B is nothing, but for me in maths, it was a big deal. It was a big improvement from my original Ds and Es.

I wanted to see Carson to show him my grade, but he was not in class today. Once again, he has skipped class. I don't know why, but I wanted to share my accomplishment with him. I also wanted to thank him, because if it wasn't for him, I'll be failing this class.

At the end of the day, I went in search of Carson. I finally spotted him at his locker, so I walked over to him.

"Hey Carson, guess what?" I asked smiling brightly. "I got a B on the maths test! Can you believe it?"

"I told you that you did well." He said, smiling at my excitement.

I flung my arms around him and hugged him. "Thank you so much. You don't know how happy I am about this grade." I pulled away from the hug and added. "I know it's not an A, but it's something, considering my usual failing grades."