"Let Me Help You"

I was sitting on a stool in the kitchen as Carson made me breakfast. I can't believe he was actually cooking. To say I was surprised would be an understatement.

When Carson had told me that I should come downstairs for breakfast, I thought that Linda, their cook, was going to prepare it. I couldn't have been more wrong. Carson was really a boy of many talents.

When Carson was finished, he put a plate of pancakes and bacon before me and a bottle of strawberry syrup. "Here, eat up. You must be hungry." He said.

I was starving. I looked at the mouth watering pancakes and I heard my belly growl. I didn't realize how hungry I was until now. It has been a while since I had a decent breakfast. I decent meal for that matter.

I took up the fork that Carson gave me and took a bite of the pancake. I sighed with pleasure. This was really good. "Wow Carson, this is good. I didn't know you could make pancakes this good."

Carson smiled and sat in front of me. "Well, I used to watch my mom cook when I was younger." He explained. I nodded my head at him and continued eating.

Within minutes, I downed six pancakes. I looked up to see Carson looking at me with an amused expression. "You must have really been hungry."

I grinned sheepishly at him. "You had no idea." I replied, then became quiet. After a short while, I spoke. "I think I should be going home now." Even though I said that, I was scared. I was dreading what my stepfather would do to me, once I get home.

Carson's expression changed and he looked at me intently. He then take up my empty plate and take it to the sink. He came back to me and took my hand in his, lifting me from the stool without saying a word. He then lead me into the living room, where I sat down and he sat beside me.

"Kayla, you can't go back home." He said.

"I have to Carson. I don't have anywhere else to go." I said. I wish I could leave, but it wasn't that easy.

"No, you're not going back there. I'm not going to sit back and allow that bastard to put his hands on you again." He said firmly. His whole body becoming tense from his anger. "You don't know how hard it is for me not to go over there and beat the shit out of him right now."

I looked at him and couldn't help the feeling that ran deep within me when he said that. I can't believe he would do that for me. I was so overwhelmed at how much he would sacrifice just to protect me. I was so happy at the thought of him actually caring about me.

"You can stay with us." Carson said suddenly.

My eyes became wide. Was he serious? "Carson, I can't do that."

"Why not? I'll explain to my mom in as little detail as possible. She would be okay with it." He explained as if it was that easy.

"Carson, you make it sound so easy. I really can't impose on your family like that." I replied, shaking my head at the idea.

Carson reached for my hands and held it gently in his. "Kitten, let me help you." He said in a gentle voice. "Please. I won't let you go back there."

I looked down at his hands holding mine and then I looked into his eyes. They were pleading with me to accept the offer. The idea was so tempting, because I didn't want to go back to my stepfather's house, where I would continue to be his punching bag.

I nodded my head and answered quietly. "Okay."

******

Carson told his mom about me staying there for a while and surprisingly, she didn't have a problem with it. She was so accommodating, telling me that I should let her know if I needed anything.

She didn't even question Carson about why I was staying here. Carson told her that I was having some issues that I was sorting out at home. She didn't question any further. I could see that she trusted her son's judgement.

I was in no condition to go to work that day, so I called Miranda and asked for a day off. Thankfully, she was very understanding and told me that it was okay and I should rest well.

Mrs. Knight told me that I could stay in the guest room that I was in earlier or I could choose to stay in another one of their four guest rooms. I told her that I was fine with the one that I was in.

It was now evening and I was in the living room watching the television. Carson was not here. He had told me earlier that he had somewhere to be. Even though he didn't tell me, I knew that he had a fighting match tonight.

I don't know why, but he would not talk about his fights. He would still keep it a secret. For some reason, I felt hurt that he didn't trust me enough to share that part of his life with me. I wanted to know everything about him. To know who the real Carson Knight is.

I was brought from my thoughts, when Mrs. Knight came into the room and sat beside me. "Carson told me that you don't have any clothes here with you. I was thinking that I could leave work early on Monday and take you shopping." She suggested.

"Oh no, Mrs. Knight, you have done so much for me already. I couldn't possibly take your money." I said, shaking my head quickly.

Mrs. Knight brushed my protest away. "Nonsense. That is not a problem. It would be my pleasure actually." She said, then gave me a warm smile. "I never had a daughter to take shopping, so it would be fun for me."

I still hesitated. She really didn't have to. "Are you sure that would be okay?"

"Of course I am. I want to do this." She said firmly with a smile. I returned her smile.

"Okay." I finally said. Mrs. Knight beamed at me and stood up and leave. "Mrs. Knight?" I said, stopping her.

"Yes, dear?" She asked, looking around at me.

"Thanks again for letting me stay here. I really appreciate it." I said truthfully. "I promise that I would repay you when I can."

She smiled at me. "That won't be necessary dear and you are welcome to stay as long as you like." She replied. She then walked away in the direction of the kitchen. She was such a nice lady and very welcoming. I was really worried about Carson's dad reaction though. Based on what Carson told me about his father, I didn't know what to expect. Good thing I don't have to face him for a few days as I was told that he was on a business trip.

That night, I was in the guest room laying on the bed, but I couldn't sleep. I was worried about Carson. It was now a few minutes to 11:00pm and he was not here as yet. I know I didn't have any business wondering where he was, but I couldn't help it.

Carson has become so important in my life that I couldn't stop myself from liking him. I'm not going to lie to myself anymore; I like Carson Knight. Lately, I can't stop thinking about him. Whenever he is near me, I feel butterflies in my stomach and my heart starts beating fast. And now that I told him my secret and he didn't judge me, makes me like him even more.

I lay there for another ten minutes twisting and turning. Finally, exhaustion took over and I fell asleep thinking about Carson.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
A/N: Thank you so much for all the reads. 😘😘

I hope you liked this chapter!

Don't forget to leave your votes and comments.

Until next chapter...

Keep smiling! 😊

Alecia