I Would Have More Luck Finding Nemo Than Mr. Right

Kayla's POV

The weekend had passed and now today was Monday. It was the end of the day and Jasmine and I were walking to her house. I had promised Carson at school that I was going to come to his house at 6 o'clock so he could continue with his tutoring.

Right now, Jasmine had invited me to her house to help her pick out an outfit for Saturday night. She and her family had a dinner party at her aunt's house. Lucas and Kevin said that they didn't want a part in that. They said that they would be bored to death watching Jasmine try on different clothes over and over again. They also didn't want to suffer through the agony of listening to us talking about clothes.

I had known that they wouldn't want to come. Jasmine and I had only been teasing them by asking them to tag along. I smiled to myself as I remembered the expression on their faces. Jasmine lives ten minutes from school, so we were there quickly.

When we got to Jasmine's house, we saw that no one was home. Jasmine's mom was at work and her eight year old brother was still at school. We instantly went up to Jasmine's room and start deciding on dresses that she could wear on Saturday night.

An half hour had passed and we finally found an appropriate outfit that we both agreed on. After Jasmine found a pair of pumps to match with the dress, she sat down on the floor and rest her back on the foot of her bed. She began to look out in front of her, like she was deep in thought.

I sat down on the floor across from her. "What are you thinking about?" I asked.

"Have you ever thought about what's your life going to be like in ten years?" She asked, still in thought.

"No, not really." I replied truthfully. "But I do hope that my dreams of being a general surgeon will come true." And that I'll be free from my stepfather, I added in my head.

Jasmine looked at me then. "So you finally decided on general surgery?" She asked. I always told her that I couldn't choose between general surgery, cardio thoracic surgery or a pediatrician. Since recently, I decided that I wanted to do general surgery. At least for now. Who knows, maybe my mind will change when I'm in college, medical school or my residency.

"Yeah, for now at least. Watching Grey's Anatomy helped me in deciding." I stated.

"Of course. I know how much you love that show." Jasmine grinned at me, then added. "Hopefully, I'll fulfill my dreams of being a social worker, but what I really wanted to know is, do you plan on getting married someday?"

"Yes, of course." I replied.

"I don't think that I'll ever find someone to share my life with. I might as well get used to the idea of living with thirty cats." Jasmine said.

I laughed at that. I couldn't imagine that at all. Jasmine was beautiful, smart and has a great personality, any guy would want to sweep her off her feet. "Jaz, you are still young, you can't give up on love. You have enough time to find Mr. Right. I know that someday you will meet a guy that will be lucky to have you and he will get to see how special you are." I replied.

Jasmine laughed. "Yeah right. I would have more luck finding Nemo, than Mr. Right." She said.

I laughed at her reference. "Oh come on Jasmine, I don't think so. Give yourself more credit than that."

Just then, Jasmine's door burst open and her little brother stepped inside. "Jazzy, Mom's calling you!" He shouted as he entered the room.

"Jamie!" Jasmine scold. "How many times do I have to tell you that you can't just open my room door like that?"

"I forgot!" He whined.

"No, you didn't. You just wanted to annoy me as usual." Jasmine said. Jamie tried to hide the sneaky grin that threaten to appear on his face, but Jasmine wasn't fooled. "Get out of my room, you little weasel!" Jasmine said, standing up from the floor. Jamie run out of the room quickly, laughing like a maniac.