Chapter 31: Final War

Shaan and Megan had reached the place where Anti-Cursor's module had landed. It was a daunting place. Megan's memories of the night she was at the place of no direction ran chills through her spine.

'So here we are, Ryan must be inside. We have to be very careful.'

'Yes.' Give me cover with your SpinorG.

'Move ahead.'

Megan and Ryan started crawling towards their target. It was a big dome-shaped structure whose exact color was not clear in the night. The top of the dome seemed open but Shaan and Megan had no way to reach the top.

'We have to go through the back door.'

'I know Shaan, but this doesn't have any door at all. It seems symmetric, no doors at all.'

'Doors must be there because Ryan must have entered inside.'

'How are you sure that Ryan is inside? The Anti-Cursor might have left him in his spaceship.'

'No, I don't think so. Because he must have thought about an alternative strategy in case the humans refused to accept his demands. And he will use Ryan as a shield to avoid possible attacks against the module.'

'But Shaan, he said that the module is loaded with huge piles of nuclear material and he will blow it up if there is an attempt to attack it.'

'That is only to inculcate fear into human beings. He knows that humans are basically fear-driven animals. If he had that much nuclear material why did he ask for a regular and permanent supply of power for his Anti-Cursor headquarters.'

'Hmm you have a valid point.'

Megan winked at Shaan, he nodded. The next moment Shaan was standing in front of the module.

'You start when I say.'

'Yes, commander.' Said Shaan saluting Megan with his right palm near his forehead.

Megan crawled further very near to the module. Shaan stood up and came in front of the module and started the fire with SpinorG. A few shots landed on the outer surface of the module without any impact. A circular patch opened up from the module, Megan could see that inside it was bright. A photon soldier emerged from the circular opening just formed over the surface of the module.

The photon soldier was looking at a giant humanoid filled with light. His whole body was looking like glass with hundreds of light bulbs attached to it. His motion was not steady but it had recognized its target. Shaan did not make a mistake and took aim at him. The photon soldier got dismantled with a single shot. Shaan came nearer to the opening. As soon as the photon soldier got dismantled two new photon soldiers emerged from the circular opening. Shaan took aim at them. One was dismantled but the other reached almost near him. Shaan ran towards the opening firing backward. The number of the photon soldiers kept on increasing, Shaan engaged all of them with his SpinorG.

Megan understood the opportunity and jumped into the module through the circular opening. Shaan kept holding on to them and jumped into the circular opening.

'Megan, now you are inside, disrupt, do something. They are so many and I don't think I can hold all of them for long.'

'Shaan, don't fire your shots incessantly aim at them and then fire.'

Though this required some patience on Shaan's part this way one shot was enough to dismantle one soldier. Megan searched for something in the interior of the module. The walls did not give any hint of the system of power supply. Something hit her mind.