Chapter 12: Attack on Vault of the Reserve Bank

Chris the Cursor opened the envelope he had received in the Cursor Assembly. The envelope contained an instruction to Chris to attack the crypt currency vault of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) so that the Cursor Assembly can garner enough funds for accessing the GRIID. RBI was chosen because according to the information of the Cursor Assembly only RBI because they are the latest entrants into the cryptocurrency club as central banks. Their government had banned cryptocurrencies for long, it was only after all the central banks started hoarding their own crypto funds it became inevitable for the RBI to stay aloof. They were starting and therefore possibly had the most vulnerable systems for their cryptocurrency vault.

Next movement Chris the Cursor was on his way to the RBIs vault.

Chris the Cursor traveled through the information superhighway to reach the RBI vault without any difficulty. At the entrance to the vault's computing system Chris was greeted by the Network Guards. Chris the Cursor greeted back at the Network Guard who were wearing red uniforms very much like the royal British Guards of 18th century.

'Can we know your source of origin please?' one of the Network Guard asked Chris the Cursor.

'Well .. I am the Cursor.. latest upgrade for the vault from the GRIID.'

'But we have no information for such an upgrade to the vault from the GRIID.'

'How come you could have missed..check your stack register once again..'

The red uniformed Network Guard checked again but he could not find anything.

'You are not allowed beyond this point.'

'How dare you.. you do not know about this urgent upgrade for the vault from the GRIID, it has been kept secret to keep the vault security intact .. now why are you stopping me.'

'But we checked the stack register and there is no mention of any upgrade called Cursor.'

In the meantime there had been congestion on the information superhighway. Packages of bits that arrived after Chris was waiting for clearance.

'If you want you could check with the GRIID, I am ready to wait,' said Chris pointing at the increasing queue of bit packages behind him on the information superhighway.

The Network Guard issued a Checksum request to the GRIID and started waiting for the response. The bit packages waiting in the queue to get clearance started making loud hue and cry.

'What is this...Mr. Network Guard why we are being asked to wait.. we are emergency bits of information meant for the urgent transaction by the vault.. you could have cleared us first.'

'Wait wait there is an issue we have received bit sequence for which there is no authentication from the GRIID.'

'But we are not concerned we are Category 5 bits... the category showing utmost urgency.. and we are needed to be on our destination IP by now.'

Since the GRIID was down the Checksum request of Network Guard received no response. The Network Guard not being able to decide scratched his head.

'Let me help you take decision, dear Network Guard you let me go and clear the congestion on the information superhighway for the other bits. Once you get the response from GRIID, if the response is negative, you could alert the Firewall Guards, who are standing as the next line of defense of vault.'

The Network Guard thought for a second... even if it is able to cross through us it cannot get through the Firewall.. and even if it goes through the Firewall it will land up in Sandbox.

'Ok I can let you go..'

Chris the Cursor entered the computing system of the vault. Other bits behind Chris the Cursor raced to their intended destinations.

Chris the Cursor was greeted by Firewall Guard.

'Wait wait who are you and where you going?' asked the Firewall Guard in a yellow-colored uniform. The look and the design of the uniform were exactly the same as the red uniform of the Network Guard only exception was the color yellow which gave Firewall Guard a fiery look.

'I am Cursor and I am going to the vault. I am carrying and upgrade for the vault from the GRIID.'

'But you do not carry any entry certificate from the Network Guard.'

'Well that is the mistake of Network Guard he was busy in his usual chores while clearing the Network congestion..'

'But verify yourself before entering..'

'You can verify the Checksum with the GRIID.'

'I know I can but the GRIID is not responding .. and Checksum verification is the responsibility of Network Guard.'

'He did it.'

'Need to scan all the bit you contain for malicious patterns.'

Firewall Guard looks at Chris the Cursor, the entire bit sequence of Chris the Cursor appears before its eyes.

'You are staring at me.'

'That is what we are supposed to do,' Firewall Guard replied while the scan was going on.

'Match not found..'

'Well sorry Chris.. you do not contain any malicious code.. you can go.'

'Thanks.'

Chris the Cursor went ahead and entered inside the WorkSpace of the main computing system of the vault. The code of Cursors is not yet published and we are not yet classified as malicious code .. haha .. I knew this scoundrel won't get anything out of me. I did it. Hahaha. I don't have time I have to start doing the transactions.

Chris the Cursor had a look at available options. The WorkSpace was a big hall with four walls. with several counters on the front wall. Each counter had a command written on it .. 1. CREDIT(BITCOIN) 2. DEBIT (BITCOIN) 3. CHECK BALANCE. Below the command was a keypad to enter the amount and passcode.

Chris the Cursor knew he had come to the right place. Chris leap forward to the CREDIT counter and entered an amount of 100 million bitcoins. No no this is too much .. it can trigger an alarm. Chris reduced the entered amount to 1 million. No I am this much risk just for this meager amount. now the cost of utilizing GRIID is so high. This is the vault of RBI not an ordinary bank on the corner of the street. Chris the Cursor again raised the amount to 10 million.

Chris was about to enter the passcode, a guy short-height and little bit fat guy wearing a black color T-shirt and rugged torn blue jeans entered the hall.

'Hey you can try.. I also tried a lot of times.'

Chris the Cursor ignored him and started keying in the digits of the passcode, 'that's none of your business.' Passcode which Chris entered was the passcode of Ryan's BitCoin wallet.

'I was only helping you... I am WannaCry .. nice to meet you,' WannaCry extended a hand of friendship to Chris, 'you do not look like malware. How did you come here.'

Chris was more than offended, 'I don't look like malware because I am not. All my transactions are legitimate.'

'Hmm.'

Chris has entered the passcode (^^)alpha_Gam_23 and started waiting for the transaction to complete. There was a shrill alarm sound.

'What is this?' asked Chris.

'This is the alarm for suspicious transactions. You only triggered it, dear.'

'Chris .. I am Chris the Cursor. But why this alarm, I entered the correct passcode.'

'You entered the correct passcode at the wrong place, this is not the real WorkSpace of the vault's computing system. This is only the Sandbox. If anything nothing goes on suspicious here then only any program or Bit sequence can enter the vault's WorkSpace. That's how I am also here.'

'Then..'

'Then what run..'

=========================