Chapter 8: An evening with a difference

Megan was driving the car while Ryan was sitting on the right side of the front seat.

'So what happened in the meeting with the GRIID today morning?' This was the first question from Megan. Ryan though wanted to tell each and every word he had with Mark and share each and every feeling, yet he was quiet.

'Well Megan, it was ok, the troubleshooting was over in a few hours.'

'Then why such a gung-ho for a simple outage. We rushed immediately leaving the vacation. We could have reached here after relaxing a bit.' Megan was hell-bent on asking him what was the dire need that he had been asked to come back from vacation mid-way.'

'Ok Megan, just leave it, I don't want to distract you. I am feeling hungry,' Ryan once again played his distractionary tactics.

'If you are that hungry then I shall get you something, let's have a stopover at the next traffic signal.'

'Ok Megan, let me do one thing. I shall order it from here only and by the time we reach the place food will be ready.'

'Baby you are becoming smarter day by day.'

'I am.'

'Only because you are with me.'

'Yes, let me do the ordering for you,' Ryan said while thinking about his excuse of hunger, because the next Megan was going to ask was going to be about the Cursor.

'Ryan, can you get some Malaya food.'

'Let me check, dear.'

Ryan opened his iPad browsed localfoodie.com, the browser started searching for Malay food. It had been given permission to listen to their talks.

'Can you order something for me too,' wrote Chris the Cursor on his notification panel. This guy always comes at the wrong moment. This damn Chris the Cursor does not know he could put me in a big soup.

'Why now, go back, We are searching for some Malay food,' wrote Ryan with his fast fingers.

'I can search it for you,' Chris replied.

'Ok do it,' Ryan just wanted that Chris the Cursor could be kept quiet for some time so typed in the iPad.

Within a few seconds a successful order placed notification popped up on the iPad. The restaurant's location was at a distance of 1.2 km.

Megan and Ryan went into the OpenCafe restaurant on Big Bulward crossing offering Malay food. It showed good reviews and was usually busy in the normal working hours according to GRIID data analytics. Within no time the food gets served on the table in 3 minutes and 9 seconds. There were 10-12 bowls and 6-7 dishes of various kinds spread along the width and breadth of the table.

'It's yummy. Great location and great food. Thanks,' Megan said mischievously picking up a spoon. Ryan thought he did the best thing by taking Megan to this place.

'Welcome. You did not try this bowl,' Ryan said pointing to the bowl at the right end of the table.

'Let me try this one also,' Megan took a spoonful off the bowl offered by Ryan.

Ryan looked into the sweet charming face of Megan. Ryan was thinking that Megan was enjoying the taste but Megan's face turned reddish.

'Ssh... shh... it's so hot what was it? I don't like such bitter things you know.'

Ryan as if waking up from sleep, hurriedly tried to locate the can of water struck off one of the bowls from the table.

Splash.