Chapter 23: Maljen's Attack

Ryan met Megan and Awasthy as soon as he boarded his car. Awasthy was limping by this time... barely standing on Megan's shoulders. Ryan came out of the car ... grabbed both of them in ecstasy. Awasthy told both of them not to wait and immediately move to CSA to get help. Ryan and Megan took Awasthy home .. called paramedics and left for CSA.

Ryan sped up the car on Broadway. Today he was not guided by the GRIID neither was his car.

'Thank God you are safe..,' Ryan said looking at Megan. 'Where did he take you?'

'It was some wild place on the outskirts of the city.'

Megan saw a big iron weapon in the shape of a cursor come towards them from the front. Ryan tried to escape it by swirling the steering right. Car bumps towards the right side. The sound of applying brakes filled the ears. The smell of burning asphalt rose from the tires. Boom, the side mirror had been vaporized.

Another weapon in a long bar-Cursor shape came and struck on the windscreen of the car. The windscreen of the car got split in half. Behind the bar-Cursor there was an army of cursors.

Ryan tried to race the car but the tires stopped. Tires stuck over something heavy on the ground. Ryan and Megan became numb with fear and their hearts started pounding. Megan's hair was already untidy now her face became pale. Both of them did not know what to do. A plier shaped cursor came and started unlocking the top cover of the car. Squelching sound came with the smell of welding iron sheets.

'Oh gosh,' exclaimed Megan with fear looking at Ryan. She was about to open her seat belt to run out of the car Ryan stopped her hands. An iPad notification distracted Ryan. It was Chris the Cursor jumping on the screen.

'They are Maljens..you don't have time. Just connect the iPad with the USB slot of the car,' Chris the Cursor wrote on the screen.

'Ryan! Don't think about anything else, just connect. We don't have any other option,' Megan, this time, was much more confident with Chris the Cursor.

Ryan quickly connected the USB of the iPad with the USB slot of the car. By this time the plier shaped Maljen was almost at the head of Megan. Megan cover her head with both hands and bowed down.

Whoop.. a wire-net shield appeared between the plier Maljen and Megan's head in a split second. Plier Maljen bumped into it and disappeared with a sound of iron sheet rubbing together.

Another zigzag Maljen cursor came towards Ryan's car. The headlight of the car started turning on and off. Several straight line cursors came out of the headlight and cut the zigzag Maljen into parts. Maljen cursors in the shape of arrows started coming from the front but Chris the Cursor blew them down using straight-line cursors coming out of the front headlights of the car.

While Chris was busy saving Ryan and Megan from the ongoing attack at the front side, a straight Maljen cursor came from behind and the backside of the car started disappearing. Squelching sound came as if the metal balls were being ground.

'Ryan the backside of the car is disappearing,' shouted Megan pointing her finger at the backseat of the car.

'What?' Ryan could not believe it as he turned his head back.

At once a ^Z shaped cursor appeared from the tail light of the left side of the car. The back-lights, bonnet started reappearing and finally other parts of the car also came back. Ryan accidentally turned the steering wheel..now it was free to move. The car took a right turn and sped away, hitting a light pole on the road. Street lights were switched off. As soon as the streetlights were off all the cursors attacking Ryan and Megan disappeared.