Chapter 5: Trip to Malaysia

Megan and Ryan were sitting on a flight en route to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Ryan was sitting on the window seat while Megan was on the aisle seat of a two-seater row. Ryan had placed her head into the left shoulder of Megan trying to choose the latest songs on his iPad.

It was late evening local time, twilight was still there. Megan was sleepy after listening to two songs of Ryan's choice and had given his earphone back to him, instead, she had put brought out and put her own earphone.

Ryan was enjoying the beautiful sunset while his favorite song playing in his ears. When you are above in the sky you see the vastness of nature, its incredible beauty and then you can appreciate the beauty of music even more.

As Ryan was appreciating the beautiful views from greater heights of the airplane something crossed his field of view. Ryan could not understand anything. Ryan thought it was an optical illusion or creation of his own mind. Again something greenish crossed his field of view. Ryan rubbed his eyes to clear his view.

Ryan again saw something unusual and greenish in color. It was a green cloud peeping from the window of the airplane. Whew.. and it's gone. Ryan was startled. He started doubting his own saneness. Baffled Ryan called up Megan.

'What happened?' Megan took out her earpiece. Ryan narrated what he saw out of the window with curiosity.

'You started again with your silly daydreams. Don't tell this to the crew or they will land the flight. I don't want to go back,' Megan pushed her head further deep on the headset of her seat. Ryan's unusual stories were of no interest to her.

'No Megan, it was there. It's real.'

An announcement by the captain of the airplane-

WE ARE GOING THROUGH AN AREA OF TURBULENCE. ALL PASSENGERS ARE REQUESTED TO GO BACK TO THEIR SEATS AND SAFELY FASTEN THEIR SEAT BELTS.

Ryan saw the weird green cloud again near the winglets. The turbulence was swinging the plane. Within a few moments the plane sharply tilted from its nose. Passengers' faces became still. The next moment airplane's nose was tiling downwards. Megan almost fell on the seat in front of her. The passenger in the seat in front of Ryan started to have a runny nose. The crew was looking clueless and all stewards were commanded to remain seated. Ryan could not figure out what to do in such a situation.

Rayn asked the nearby stewardess who was sitting on the hind seat since she did not get time to reach her designated place.

'What happened?'

'We are experiencing unusual turbulence. Please be calm dear passenger, we will be out of this very soon.'

This textbook reply did not satisfy Ryan, nor did it alleviate the fear of his co-passengers.

'It's not the turbulence, there is something sitting at the right-wing.' Ryan thought it is better to tell the crew about that unusual thing he just saw.

'Sit down sir. We are doing what we can.'

Other passengers stared at Ryan with awe. Airplane tumbled again and started tilting rightwards. One of the overhead boxes just above the head of Megan opened up and a black colored medium-sized suitcase came down on her. Ryan tried to protect her but the handle hit her head, making her groan. There was a bump on her head. Ryan checked the bump with his fingers. As his fingers reached the spot on her head she groaned. The stewardess opened her seatbelt and came out from her seat to help.

'Mam are you injured, let me check,' Stewardess asked another colleague to bring the first aid box immediately.

ANNOUNCEMENT- WE ARE NEAR CRACATAU VOLCANO, AN OTHERWISE EXTINCT VOLCANO, IT CAN EXPLODE ANYTIME