Chapter 22: Anti-Cursor's Puzzle

Monitor in front of Awasthy and Megan became active. The Anti Cursor with big red eyes popped out of the sidebar of the monitor. The heavy voice of Anti-Cursor much like a villain of horror films was the most recognizable difference between Anti-Cursor and the Cursor.

The Anti Cursor announced in a satirical voice-

'Your dear Ryan is also in our captivity. Do you want to see him? Of course you must be feeling lonely Megan.'

Megan was ready to accept the threat of Anti-Cursor, 'No no it can't be. You can't capture Ryan. You have the capability of deception but Ryan is above all this.'

'If you do not believe me then see for yourself.'

A video started on the monitor showing Ryan. Ryan was being beaten by the crowd right in front of his house. Ryan tried to escape through the backdoor but he was chased by goons. Ryan saw a car with no driver but with keys attached. Ryan went inside the car started it and ran away. The car had the ultra-modern dashboard. A female voice asked Ryan where did he want to go. Ryan looked back there were goons still running behind. Ryan murmured that he should reach a safe place. 'Thank you sir' was the response of the voice from the car's controls. The gates of the car were autolocked and the car zoomed away. Ryan took hold of the staring and tried to maneuver it but the automatic control of the car override his actions. From the facial expression of Ryan it was clear he immediately understood that something is wrong.

'Who are you and where are you taking me,' asked Ryan.

'As you said to a safe place,' replied the car in a female voice.

On seeing this Megan fainted and Mr Awasthy sobbed.

Announcement-

'This is nothing dear Megan. There is more to come... I also have the force of Maljens .. just wait.'

The robotic arm near Megan's head was now equipped with a laser. The laser was red in color and extremely sharp focused. The laser was switching off and on. The robotic arm expanded its reach. A hole burned on the floor where the lase was pointing. Seeing the hole burned by the robotic arm, Megan screamed. Robotic arm moved and laser kept on making holes on the floor. The hols on the floor formed a straight line. As the robotic arm reached near Megan's face the straight line of holes which started on the floor had reached the wall. Now the sidewall was getting burned with holes. The robotic arm closed in further. It was just 6 inches away from Megan's face. Awasthy shouted, 'Stop. Stop you Anti-Cursor or whatever you want to call yourself. I am ready to give you the update you wanted.'

Megan looked at Awasthy with her eyes wide and dry lips. First Awasthy's hands were unlocked then his feet but robotic arm continued to point at the face of Megan. The laser beam was turned off. Awasthy asked the Anti-Cursor to open its source code. An editable window containing source code opened on the monitor. Awasthy started doing changes in the code. There was sweat on his forehead.

After about an hour and a few minutes.

Awasthy was done with his updates. He wiped his forehead with the collar of his shirt. Maybe that's why it is called as a sweatshirt. Megan was looking at the other side as she was unsatisfied with his decision. She watched all this in front of her. She clearly understood that it is nothing but the end of the human race as we know it.

'Don't over-think Ms. Megan you have no option but to accept our demands.' Anti cursor announced as if he had won the battle.

'I have upgraded the cursor code to the next level. You will have the power of intelligence like never before. So now let her and me go.'