Chapter 17: Is Cursor the Enemy?

'So we wanted to talk right?' the tone with which Megan asked this to Ryan was not at all friendly. Questions were wandering in Ryan's mind but he was able to catch on one. Megan was quite clear what he was going to ask.

'Well for the past few days we have not been.'

'have not been what ?'

'I mean we don't even meet each .. we don't even talk to each other.. let me put it clear what's the matter?'

'nothing.. there is no such thing which matters... in fact I should be asking his question you..'

'I am always there for you..'

'Oh really ..just working out the most effective time of the day using Cursor but not calling at all..'

'You know I have been busy with our launch of Cursors and you are also part of this project. You did not even care to come on time during the Mega-event, I was searching for you whole time'

'I was busy ..like you had been'

'Busy with what..you could have used the GRIID to simplify your work,' said Ryan opening the window of his house in hope to get fresh cool air.

'Dear Ryan why don't you understand just logging on to the GRIID is no panacea for all the problems of the world.'

'Well could be but for most others it is..'

'and the problem I had been working on does not fall into that category. I will let you know the details once I work it out completely.. and why do you want to know at all. When I came back from the place of no direction I told you about the strange behavior of Aurora there. Awasthy and Susan are witnesses to that event. But we forgot everything in the midst of the launch of CursorTech.'

'Megan we have awaited a long time. I remember,' said Ryan and stopped. Megan tried to figure out what he meant exactly. Ryan again said, 'we could have an efficient simulation of atmospheric activity of that area where you had been.'

'I did all that but what I found was..'

A stone came inside from the window and hit Megan on her head. She did not feel anything for the first few seconds then her chin became red. Ryan jumped to her and made her sit. He looked outside to find who could have done this. Megan told Ryan that she is hurt but fine.

There was a ruckus on the road outside Ryan's home. Ryan peeped through the window and saw a large crowd out of the home. They held banners saying-'Earth is for humans, no cursor' and 'Every cursor is bad cursor'.

Ryan asked Chris to disappear from the screen and hid his iPad under the sofa. Ryan and Megan stepped out of the home to find out why the large crowd had gathered there. As they proceeded to the outer fence of their home crowd started shouting slogans against Ryan.

From the crowd a thin man said, 'this is Ryan, he is the lead man behind Cursors technology. He only made the Cursors into what they have become now. Cursors are nothing but digital monsters, a problem for everyone. They steal data and breach privacy. They are not even letting our children study.'

The chilly cold air hit Ryan's face as he was listening to the complaints of the crowd.

Another while tall man said, 'In our days we had to deal with mobile addiction of kids and now this Cursor .. Why can't we have technology which is friendly with society.'

A sturdy man who also holding the banner-"Earth for humans" came close to Ryan and shouted, 'Mr. Ryan do you know the repercussions of your wonderful invention. It is going behind the children. Why don't you stop all this bullshit? Cursor's intrusion capabilities are behind any firewall or security experts.'

Megan scratched his head at this claim of the sturdy man. Ryan though was afraid of such a large crowd gathered himself and came with his arguments, 'What you people are saying is absolutely rubbish, it is a baseless allegation. The Cursor technology with emotional and human-like intelligence is a milestone of human achievements. Why did you forget that it was Cursor only which had saved my own flight during Malaysia tour sometime back.. it did so several times even after that., you are talking about kids. The cursor is aimed at helping out the kids who could not understand and assimilate what was told to them during the class. A few days back I attended my high-school .. children of that high-school are a testimony to that. They will only become smarter by applying the methods taught by Chris. I mean Cursors in general.'

'Oh the Cursor' have a name also,' someone from the crowd spoke, 'tomorrow they will have a whole family also.'

'Yes he does have a name, your pet also has a name so what's the problem,' Ryan argued, Megan came out of the house hiding her wound with a white kerchief.

'Pet is a pet but Cursor is just a program.. we want action. If you do not take the Cursor down we are forced to go to the Court.'

'Most Welcome', said Ryan and came back closing the door. Megan's hand was rubbing his shoulders.

===========================