Chapter 6: On the Beach

Megan and Ryan were sitting on the beach around a bonfire while the wedding ceremony of the friend of Shaan was going on. Both were wearing traditional Javanese, Ryan was wearing a white sarong and Megan was wearing a blue kebaya. The sea breeze was again and disturbing patterns of the entwined hair on Megan's forehead, she was trying to keep it there. Shaan was wearing a sarong but with his company's miniature logo imprinted on its front pocket.

'Shaan you talk about interesting things, why don't you tell something about yourself,' Megan inquisitively asked.

Shaan started staring at the sand particles. 'It seems our guide is in need of guidance to recollect?' Ryan chuckled at Megan.

'No I was deep into thoughts, well... there is nothing much to tell, I am just curious about everything, not only about the world which exists outside but also about the world which exists inside ourselves.'

'World inside?' nice way to talk about the mind, 'but it is just an interactive network of neurons firing together which gives us a sense of identity and consciousness'.

'Well, Ryan things are not that simple. On the physical level that's correct but that is not the whole story. The ocean also has a huge network of interacting units of cells that use the mechanism of electron-ion transport. That is something the ocean has been doing for thousands of millions of years.'

'I did not know about it but definitely, if it is correct then it should be far more intelligent than even the fastest computer in the world,' Ryan asserted.

'But the ocean is just in front of us and it beautiful, I am not worried about its intelligence,' said Megan, ' I am intelligent enough to appreciate the sheer beauty of the ocean even if it does not replace the GRIID.'

'What about if it really did?' asked Shaan.

'Then it would not be a good sign, we have already used the forests up, now the what next, is it the ocean?'

Megan was looking at the waves come and go. Each wave gathered a whole lot of emotions before depositing it on the shore and returning to the ocean to collect more. Everything was alright with her but sometimes it is just fate or destiny that had brought us together. Could it have been different?

Shaan read her face, 'Fates are written in Akashik records. Be it human, animals, plants, or anything else and each and every particle of sand and each and every drop of water, fate is written in Akasi record. They all have their own destiny. But the only thing is that everyone cannot read it.'

'Well I don't think like that,' Megan disagreed.

'Well it is only up to us to believe or not to believe but that does not change the reality. It is all like a big novel with each character playing their own roles as per the wishes of the author,' Shaan.

'God?' Ryan and Megan both yelled simultaneously.

'Whatever name you want to give,' Shaan.

'If fate is in Akashik records then some Cursor must have been used to write it?' Ryan.

'God's cursor,' Megan had a ready-made answer to Ryan's question.

'People are worried about their fate and you are talking about the font size and cursors,' Megan teases Ryan.

'Ryan, well you not entirely wrong. Every computing machine has a cursor. Even the human mind has a cursor. In the eastern spiritual traditions cursor of the mind is known as Tadatm,' Shaan.

'Well if we could just ask the GRIID and find what's each and every man's destiny,' Ryan.

'As simple as saying God's computer please tell me about my destiny,' Megan loudly wished.

iPad popped up a notification in usual Siri voiceover, "There is a theory suggested by Seth Lloyd scientist at MIT which says that the Universe is a giant simulation and we are like characters in a highly complex video game.' Everyone laughed. But their laughter was interrupted by a ringtone.

Ryan looked at Megan before picking up the call on his iPad.

'Ryan, we need to talk to you urgently. There is a protest before our office. Mark has gathered the young engineers whom we laid off last month. They have joined hands with a large number of disgruntled youth who could not secure placements anywhere. We need you. Urgently..,' shouted Mitt.

'Coming,' Ryan made a long face disconnecting the phone-call and turned to Megan. Megan standing behind had heard everything. She had crossed her hands watching Ryan eagerly.

'Baby you understand the situation. I need to urgently they want me to be there,' Ryan.

'I understand baby, never said that we should not go back,' Megan.

Ryan and Megan told Shaan that it was a wonderful trip and they need to go back due to an urgent call from Ryan's office. Shaan was also happy to meet them and promised that he will catch up with them once he came to the US for a course in quantum physics.

==============================