Innocent Mute (OHSHC Love Story) Chapter 27

“So, I have to ask; do you call each other by your real names in private?” Tamaki spoke up.

The limo had the heat pumping on full blast, making the squished conditions more difficult to sit in. Nobody else seemed to notice so I kept my mouth shut.

Rika shrugged, yawning.

“Not normally. We thought it be best to stick to our new names, in order for it to be easier for us to get used to them.”

Tamaki nodded silently, fingers placed on his chin in deep thought.

Kyouya seemed to nod off, head resting on the back of the seat. I couldn’t help but wonder how much his neck is going to hurt once he wakes up.

“How much longer?!” Honey whined from across my seat, hugging his bunny.

Haruhi smiled at him with patience, flipping open her phone to check the time.

Her brows furrowed.

“Uh oh…”

I looked over, sharing a quick glance with Rika.

“What’s up?” she spoke up.

Haruhi just managed to open her mouth when the limo suddenly screeched to a halt, practically launching me into Rika’s lap.

“What the fu-“

But Rika couldn’t manage the whole curse, before we were ripped out of the limo roughly. Familiar men and women in suits held onto us, and out of instinct, I launched my head back. Hearing the woman’s whimper as I made contact with her nose, I stopped hard on her toes and pushed myself forward onto the concrete.

“Wow wow wow! Let them go guys, this is a damn rescue mission, we need to protect these girls, not scare them!”

I hopped up from the concrete, hand on the gun fastened to my hip, only to see Roland yelling at the indistinguishable men and women. 

Rika ripped away from the man that was holding onto her, going immediately to me.

“What the fuck is going on, Roland?! You can’t say hi like a normal person?” She hissed, helping me up.

My heart hammered against my ribcage, echoing in my ears as I looked around. We are in the Academy’s parking lot, stopped suddenly by … ten cops in black suits.

Tamaki launched himself out of the limo, along with everyone else, looking defensive.

Roland held up his hands as if we were going to arrest him, looking apologetic.

He better be sorry, they nearly gave me a heart attack…

“I’m so sorry girls, they got the wrong message. We’re only here for your protection, you know that.” He said calmly, noticing the many boys standing to the side.

“Doesn’t seem like it…” Rika mumbled, glaring at him.

She stood in front of me while I held onto her hand, still shaken up.

Roland looked at the boys with caution, frowning.

“Can you boys give us some privacy please, I ne-“

“Whatever is so urgent that you had to quite literally yank them from their seats, can be said in front of us.” Kyouya spoke up.

I glanced up to see his eyes sharpen, his posture straight as a ruler. But I know better; he’s beyond pissed.

He came over to stand by my empty side, resting his hand protectively on the small of my back.

Roland noticed this with a small smile, but it disappeared just as quickly as it had appeared.