Innocent Mute (OHSHC Love Story) Chapter 22

Kyouya’s P.O.V.

Sitting in the back of the run down truck with Victoria is a scenario I can say for certain I’ve never seen in my mind. But as the rain pounded on the roof of the vehicle; I concentrated on my apology.

Lucy isn’t going to forgive me on the spot; not after what I’ve done to her. Although I have no real experience with this sort of complicated relationship we’ve come to have; I know I’m sincere and that I should just stick to my gut.

I rested my forehead against the cold clammy glass window, every bump and hole on the road causing the whole vehicle to jump and my head to smack into the window harshly.

How did I get myself into this sort of situation?

My brothers wouldn’t be caught dead with these sorts of people, let alone my father. Though, whether or not he would necessarily care is something I’ve pondered but never too hard. How could I have gotten myself mixed up with these people?

Poor vulgar criminals.

But… that girl… she was different. Lucy always had an innocent pure ring about her. Her smile could make any situation better. I would find myself walking a little stronger, my chin higher. How could a person do that?

Is this truly love?

“Alright kids, the rides over. Get the hell out of my poor truck before you break her.”

 Sebastian had just put the truck into park when the girls tumbled out, looking ecstatic from the booming bass coming from the crowded sorority.

It just made me queasy.

I stood, shutting the truck door, feeling socially inadequate and a bit over dressed. My long navy dress pants and white button up even seemed too much as the shirtless men came crawling out of the large home, obviously inebriated.

The rain had slowed to a light drizzle, softly padding on the surface of my glasses.

Why am I here?

Jenna looked back at me, frowning.

“You gonna sit there all day, Nerd?”

I frowned down at her, keeping my patience and following closely behind Sebastian as we made our way inside the hoards of sweaty bodies; men and woman alike. They writhed around us, making it too damn difficult to get through the breezeway.

That’s when I heard her gorgeous angelic voice over the booming music.

“I ain’t got time for you baby, either you’re mine or not

Make up your mind sweet baby, right now, right here is all we got

A little part never killed nobody!”

 The room seemed to echo with her voice, the crowd erupting in a frenzy around us as I spotted her atop a small make-shift stage.

Then I froze, face flaming up as I looked her up and down.

What the hell is she wearing?!

The oversized hoodie did nothing to really hide her, only reaching down to her knees as she jumped around on stage. But what caused me to take a surprised step back was… her joyous expression as she sang loud and clear.