Innocent Mute (OHSHC Love Story) Chapter 21

Kyouya’s P.O.V.

“Damnit Four-eyes, I just told you not to go after her! Will you listen for once instead of being such a douche?” The annoying silver haired girl snapped.

We all sat in the lounge, besides Haruhi who wasn’t feeling well and decided to go to bed after Rika gave her a pair of her headphones.

If I should even call her that anymore…

I can’t decide on whether or not the fact that Suzu walked in on us is a good thing because now were finally finding out what the deal is or a bad thing because of the weight in my chest. Suzu was definitely not supposed to see that… it wasn’t even what it looked like. I would never violate Haruhi like that; it’s just not in me to do.

Plus, Tamaki is obviously so in love with her.

I sat back down on my Victorian lounge chair, not liking this situation in the least.

Tamaki had been caught up after helping Haruhi to bed and making amends. He wanted to know how deep the secrets go just as I do.

We all faced Rika, who stood at the front of the room, looking irritated and uneasy.

“What exactly do you guys want to know?”

It was silent for a second before Tamaki spoke up, voice serious and calm.

“How about we start with your names?”

“My name is Victoria Venus Aquino. My twin sister’s real name is Lucille Rosaline Aquino.” Her voice was curt, but she seemed desperate to tell the truth.

“I always found it strange that you two had Japanese names, when you had been born in America…” Hikaru pondered aloud.

“We needed to blend in.”

“Why? Why all the lies?” I spoke up.

She sighed, shoulders slumping.

“It’s so complicated…”

“You promised you would explain. I know how important promises are between you and your sister, Ri- I mean Victoria.” I slipped, not knowing whether or not I should still even call her as Rika.

“If you’re going to start calling me by my real name, then call me Vicky.” She sighed, looking exhausted.

I nodded, crossing my legs as she stood, her fingers stroking her chin in thought.

“Lucy and I… are in the witness protection program… she-” she cut herself short, looking extremely nervous.

My eyebrows knit together.

The Witness Protection Program…? What could she have done that caused so much trouble that they had to move half way across the world just to hide?

“Did she kill someone?”

Tamaki’s head whipped around to shoot me a curious look, but I ignored him. It’s not ridiculous for me to ask; she pointed a gun at someone just this afternoon. Vicky shook her head, looking completely distressed.

“No, nothing like that. That’s a story for another time… She… witnessed our mother’s murder.”

Oh, this is much worse.

The collective silence around me told me I’m not the only one caught off guard by this.

“Who… who did it?” Tamaki stammered.