Innocent Mute (OHSHC Love Story) Chapter 3

Ouran Private Academy. Haruhi told us what Tamaki likes to refer to it as a school for the rich and beautiful. I like to call it a really huge school with seriously rich snobs who don’t do jack shit.

Rika snickered at the thought. I pouted.

~Well it’s true!~ i exclaimed through thought.

She nodded, looking up at the tower from beside me.

Let’s just say we both have the first day jitters since we're both just standing here glowering at the doors. Especially since with all the posh colors were gonna stick out like a sore thumb. Especially our outfits.

I went with a short-ish ballerina black and hot pink skirt with my favorite black blouse. Today, I decided to pull my long silver hair into two low ponytails giving the girly thing a shot.

Rika is wearing a pair of her favorite black tripp pants with chains hanging from the pockets and a black t-shirt that says ‘No Clean Thoughts’ across the front. Her hair just cascaded down her back like normal.

I sighed in annoyance.

~Don’t you think you could have given it a little more effort?~ I thought.

She just scuffed and started walking in. I followed suit.

“Um No? I don’t give a crap what these rich snobs think of me. Neither should you, Suzu.” She said casting me a side glance.

~ I don’t care what they think, but I want to actually make friends since were gonna be here for the next couple years. Face it Rika; were not in the states anymore.~ I thought sullenly.

As much as I don’t want to admit it; I miss home. With a serious longing. I miss my friends and I miss just walking around with my buds without a care in the world. And I know Rika does too, no matter how much she wants to deny it.

She sighed nodding.

We walked silently to our lockers which were right next to each other since were starting in the middle of the second term. We had already decorated our lockers when we had gotten the combinations after we came for a late open house.

I blew my Breakfast Club poster a kiss before reaching in and grabbing my black binder and schedule.

“Yes! We’ve got Art first!” Rika cried glancing at our schedule.

The principal made sure to give us most of the same classes since he knew that we would need each others support after...the incident. He's the only one who knew besides our teachers, who would need to be aware due to special conditions. He told us specifically that we couldn’t tell anyone about our past except from where were from or rehearsed stories. Even though, he really didn't need to, Roland already made it clear.

Trust me, telling anyone that gruesome tale is something I’m going to avoid at all costs.

We hurried off to our Art class only to be a few minutes late. Slamming into the room, we gasped for breath having to run all the way here. Hearing a cough I looked up to see the teacher in the middle of a lecture giving us bemused looks.

“Uh... We’re the new kids. Sorry this place is freaking huge! It’s hard to find this class.” Rika said scratching the back of her head nervously.

I rolled my eyes and took out my white board, writing something down.

Sorry for being late, Mr. Festern. It won’t happen again.

Realization dawned on him and he nodded, smiling warmly. He shifted so he was facing the rest of the class.

“Children, I’d like you to meet our new scholarship students! These are Suzu and Rika Ellis.” He said motioning us forward.