Chapter 29: Flapping of Butterfly Wings can create a thunderstorm

Depuis le début

Shaan tried to accelerate the vehicle even faster. It had already reached its maximum performance level. The Land Rover was also becoming unstable. A lightning strike struck the rear side of the Land Rover. In a flash the fear and uncertainty became obvious to Shaan. Once again lightning struck the vehicle and it became imbalanced. Shaan was thrown out of the driver's seat.

'No, Shaan, are you alright?' shouted Megan.

Shaan gathered strength, he was half in the mud on the side of the highway.

'Now what can we do, it finally struck us.' Megan was losing all hope.

'No Megan, we should always keep hope in the future and faith in the present.' Shaan put his hand in his pant's right pocket.

'What are you doing Shaan, here we are running for our lives and you are searching for lighter.' Megan said in a faltering voice.

Shaan brought a few tiny toys from his pockets. They could have been 12 -15 in numbers. They were looking at flat triangles with asymmetric bulges at the center of the triangle both on the front and the backside.

'What's these?'

'These are butterflies.'

'Butterflies? They do not look like one. But why are you keeping them in your pockets?'

Shaan by then had thrown them in the air.

'Oh so you are releasing them into the air. At least some good work at this juncture.'

The triangles opened up in the air and started fluttering like a butterfly. All triangles became butterflies of different colors and sizes.

'Megan, you are a weather scientist, can you tell me can butterflies cause a storm from thousands of miles away?'

'Yes, that's very much possible. According to the Chaos Theory, the wing flap of a butterfly can cause a thunderstorm even thousands of miles away. This happened because the weather is chaotic. Meaning thereby is that the earth's weather system is heavily dependent on the initial conditions and there is very strong nonlinear dependence of the inputs.'

The butterflies made a disk shape pattern and started fluttering their wings synchronously. The disk shape changed into a circular shape but the fluttering continued. Shaan asked.

'Yes, if a flap of a wing can cause thunderstorms to form thousands of miles away, why cannot it stop the forming of a thunderstorm if the butterfly flaps its wings appropriately.'

'Theoretical yes, but it will require huge amounts of calculations.'

'I did exactly that, Chris had helped in the theoretical calculations.'

The butterflies had gone to great heights. Their lights were still visible, their formation was changing dynamically. As the butterflies changed their height the intensity of the thunderstorm brewing up to take Shaan and Megan started subsiding. Seeing there was a large smile on Megan's face.

'Wow, it's working Shaan, it's working.'

Shaan's face also brightened up. He gathered strength and pulled his leg to stand up. Megan helped him to stand up. The thunderstorm once again roared with unhappiness but then finally submitted to the might of the Shaan's butterflies.

******

Anti-Cursor module

There was a permanent supply of power through the nuclear supply available within the module of Anti-Cursor. The entire module was guarded by Anti-Cursor's photon soldiers, a device built upon the programmable photons. They were exactly like the human soldiers in their shape but consisted of always moving photons of ultraviolet range. The dynamic shape was giving a hint of the shape of vapor. Each photon soldier was equipped with a high power beam which can melt a metal sheet of 2 inches.

The Anti-Cursor sent a message to the US President.

Aliens of Proxima Centauri are coming. Be prepared. This time it will be bigger than what you have lost before the Great Agreement. Shutdown all the internet and give all the computing power of the GRIID to me. I am enclosing a draft of the Great Agreement which you can with me for saving yourself and humanity. The draft is as follows:

We the humans of the planet earth hereby agree to the following conditions:

(i) The GRIID will be rebooted and up and running as per the terms of the Great Agreement.

(ii) Administration of the earth will be supervised by Aliens of Proxima Centauri through Anti-Cursor (that's me).

(iii) No possession of any kind of nuclear material except for power generation. The process of the generation of the nuclear material shall be supervised by the Anti-Cursor using the GRIID.

(iv) Humanity relinquishes its right to the natural resources of the earth. Just after signing of this Agreement detailed protocols on the regular and encumbrance-free transfer of earth resources to Proxima Centauri had to be worked out.

(v) Establishment of Anti-Cursor headquarters including and around the area where the space module of Anti-Cursor had landed. The minimum size should be 10000 sq meters. It also includes the provision of a high-quality regular power supply and round the clock security.

(vi) Aliens of Proxima Centauri will have direct control over Universities and Research organizations of humans, whether they in the private sector or in the government sector we are not bothered, the control excercized by the Aliens is including but not limited to syllabus, objectives, and choice of subjects to be taught (remember this will include the study of this Agreement also).

(vii) The currency of the earth shall be under the control of the Aliens of the Proxima Centauri through the Anti-Cursor.

(viii) Chris the Cursor and his remaining friends will not be allowed to delve on any computer.

(ix) Cursor Assembly shall be abolished immediately.

(x) In return, humanity shall get a promise of security from other alien races who might or might not in the future decide to invade the earth and exterminate humans.

(xi) This Agreement once entered shall be binding for an indefinite period.

The US President shared the message to all-important world leaders. Within seconds he started receiving responses. Most of the world leaders had authorized him to take suitable action on behalf of humanity. The UN meeting continued but its outcome had become redundant.

=======================