High Horse

Diya

"Thank you so much for coming to spend a few days. I'm so proud of you Kim, for following your dreams and sticking with it. I saw that new model you styled in People's magazine last month, she looked beautiful." Diya was wiping off the table .

" Look Diy, I understand and I'm not mad . I'm so thankful Ice made it through. Plus, seeing you and him together is the best thing I've seen in a while." Kim was eating some strawberries.

Tate came into the kitchen to fix himself something to drink. Diya saw him and Kim grab each other's fingers like Diya didn't notice .

Kim was still smiling chewing her strawberry. Diya folded her arms and stared at Kim .

" What is going on with you and Tate? I saw that." Diya blasted her .

" It's nothing ... we just get one another now. He really is a nice guy." Kim looked away .

" Kim, the truth now!" Diya demands.

" Okay, okay ... we're talking and we kissed." Kim confessed.

" Oh my gosh ! You and Tate kissed !" Diya yelled . Kim jumped up covering her mouth .

" Shut up Diya tell the world, why don't you ."

" So, how was it?" Diya was almost whispering.

" It was a kiss Diya, how is it suppose to be?" Kim shook her head.

" I mean, so you really feeling him now? This is Tate we're talking about." She was laughing .

" Yes I am feeling him and it won't be long that he will be feeling me too. If you know what I mean ." Kim lifted her eyebrows .

" You're going to give it up? When?" Diya still shocked .

" I'm thinking tonight, when he takes me home. He will walk me to the door but I will invite him in, in meaning more ways than one ." Kim and Diya laughed.

" Nasty." Diya teased .

" Oh I planned on it. It's the one time you aren't expected to be lady like ." Kim pretended to French kiss her Strawberry. Diya threw a strawberry at her .

" What about you and Ice? Any updates?" Kim was in her phone now .

" No and that hasn't been on my mind. I just want him to make a full, safe recovery." Diya continued wiping off the counter .

"I get it. How long will the physical therapist be here?" Kim changed the subject.

"She comes for an hour twice a week, doctors orders." Diya was now seated at the table .

"Kim?" Diya took a deep breath .

"Yeah ,"

"My dad got his mistress pregnant." Diya shook her head.

"Are you kidding me right now? How could he be so careless? Your poor mom, and you were all planning the renewal of their wedding. This really sucks and I'm here for you ." Kim squeezed her hand .

"What if she starts drinking again and gets depressed? Her sprit has been up lately and I don't want to lose the happy her." Diya fanned her eyes .

"Diy, your mom will not allow herself to fall back into that dark place . The one thing that was causing her that pain is thinking Celest was dead. She has two beautiful daughters and she will be okay. I'm not saying everything will be a walk in the park but she has you both ." Kim tried to lift her up .

"She was so upset the night Ice woke up. I had to literally stand in front of my dad. I tried defending him, when it was him who caused the anger. He is just such a disappointment. I get mom was zoned out for a couple years, but he stood up there and said for better or for worse. He didn't stick to that oath. I might even have another sibling on the way. Ugh this is a lot ." Diya pulled her hair.