"After all"

A couple weeks had gone by since Diyas date with Milton and they were pretty much inseparable. Milton would send flowers to her house everyday for her and her mom. He stopped by in the middle of the week to fix the electricity, the lights had went out. Her mom loved him.

Diya left Kim and her mom in charge of planning her birthday gathering, since she really wasn't to thrilled about it anyways.

"Ugh, I cant stand how cute the two of you are. It literally makes me sick to my stomach." Kim put the flowers Milton sent Diya in a really pretty vase. The doorbell rung and Diya answered, it was her grandmother, Patty. Diya screamed.

"I missed you grandma!" She hugged her tight.

"Look at my gorgeous granddaughter." She spun Diya around.

"I have the very best gift for you and I'm so happy you invited me. I missed you too." Diya stepped aside so her grandma could enter. While Diya was closing the door Cheyenne entered the living room.

CHEYENNE
"Diya baby, can you give me and your grandmother a minute?" Patty softly squeezed Diyas shoulder as she walked by and headed back in the kitchen with Kim.

Cheyenne stood before her mom embarrassed. Her moms smile disappeared.

"I apologize for the other night...I love you mom and I'm going to do better.  I haven't picked up a drink for two weeks and I know that doesn't seem like a long time, but Im really trying for real this time. I'm trying for that beautiful young woman in there, because she is everything to me. You may not have been the best mom, but you were the best you knew how and I am thankful."

Patty reached out her arms for Cheyenne and they hugged each other. Cheyenne wipes her eyes.

"Okay, enough of that. Guest will be arriving in two hours, we have work to do."

"I'm here to help." Patty took her hand as they walked towards the kitchen.

DIYA
Diya left her hair in its natural curly state for her get together. She wore olive green tie waist cropped pants, with a mustard yellow tank top tucked and some open toed maroon heels. Her lipstick was maroon. Kim wore a navy blue romper and nude heels. Her straight bob was wavy. They stood side by side in the mirror.

"Happy 18th birthday again Diya poo, I love you."

"I love you too my vanilla bean." Kim teared up. They side hugged.

"Tears, why?" Diya asked Kim.

"I just love you more than a friend. You are my sister from another mister. You are the very best friend a person could ask for." Diya now smiling at Kim

"Kim stop it, your makeup." Diya handed her a tissue .

"I remember in elementary ...all those black girls were teasing me because I liked R&B and hip hop and they would say " stop trying to be black " they would mock me. Trina was mad because that boy Trey liked me. They tried to jumped me at recess and you stepped in front of me with your petite frame and yelled 'Dont be a hater, she can't help it because she likes music with a little flavor and Trina ...Trey doesn't like your chunky self anyways."

Diya and Kim laughed.

Kim reaches for Diyas hands and softly squeezed them. "We've been best friends ever since." Diya smiled and they hugged.