"No mother of mine"

CHEYENNE
Cheyenne watched her mother in a trance studying the blender.

"Mom!" she yelled over the loud noise, interrupting her thoughts.

Her mother jumped, knocking over the blender but luckily most of it fell into the sink. Cheyenne grabbed paper towels quickly reacting to the spill. Her mom tried to help but she continued rubbing the counter, even when it was all clean. She came to the conclusion her mom was very clumsy lately. Cheyenne grabbed her hands but her mom would not look at her.

"Mom what's wrong? You have been acting this way since Diya fainted. It's not your fault, the party was probably just overwhelming for her." Cheyenne patted her mother's hands and walked away . 

"She hasn't said anything to you?" Patty leaned against the refrigerator appearing nervous or even afraid.

"Well, Ice called and said he spoke to her last night. I also texted her boyfriend Milly and he said she was with him. He promised to have her contact me herself today, crazy thing is, I'm blindsided as to why this is my fault."
Cheyenne bit a piece of toast with jam .

"The suitcases in the living room last night, did Coby really take everything, he's gone?" Patty changed the subject.

"Yep, he told me he was tired of feeling like he was obligated to be here. He said Diya won't even acknowledge him and I seem all better. So he said he should just move forward with his life ."
Cheyenne took another bite of her toast.

"He most likely was overwhelmed too." Patty said . Cheyenne rolled her eyes.

"How do you figure that mom?"Cheyenne questioned her mom .

"Yeah, how do you figure that grandmother?" They didn't realize Diya had come home .
They both looked at her.

"Honey I didn't realize you had come home? Do you want some breakfast?" Cheyenne walked over to the cabinet and grabbed a plate down.

"No mom. What I'm about to say won't allow me to even have an apetitite, but will require that you take a seat." Cheyenne wore a look of confusion on her face when her mother sat down. She was now wiping her neck with a paper towel.

"Diya this is probably not the best time honey, you know with your mom going through sobriety, she could relapse." Cheyenne watched her mom fumbling over her words, which she never witnessed ever. Diya now had Cheyenne's full attention.

What does that have to do with ..."

There was a knock on the door, Patty went to answer it but, Diya jumped in her way .

"Mom you should get that." Patty set back down.

"Young lady you better have a perfectly good explanation as to why you are disrespecting my mother." Cheyenne rushed to open the door and it was Selest. She appeared nervous.

"Um, come in honey, are you okay? Cheyenne went to close the door behind her but someone's hand stopped it and it was Coby. Cheyenne was really freaked out now.

"Got a 911 from Diya, so I dropped everything and came running." Cheyenne stepped aside and let him in as well. They all made their way into the kitchen .

"Now that I have my entire family here. Can someone please explain to me, why I have a twenty year old sister, whom I know nothing about?"
Cheyenne and Coby looked at one another .

"Well honey, it's um , you see she..well we ." Cheyenne looked to Coby for help .

"Diya yes, your mom was pregnant two years before you, but she... well we lost the baby. We never told you because we never really coped with it ourselves." Coby nodded to Cheyenne. She smiled thanking him.